Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma; "last cook"

Options
Tweety
Tweety Posts: 455
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We all know how great our "egg" food is and we all love to cook and share it. So why not share it with some who have nothing else to eat?

Clay, Bryce and I are donating our "last cook" of the day to the City Rescue Mission in OKC. I'm bringing some side dishes also that will already be prepared (to go with what we cook). Of course we'll still have samples of our last cook for the guests of the eggfest, but the majority of our last cook will be for the shelter.

We will also have a box by our table if you'd like to bring some canned food or personal toiletries that the homeless could use on the street.

I've talked to Chris and Scott (from Everything BBQ) and they both said this was ok to do. But please note this IS NOT something sponsored by Everything BBQ. This is something that Clay, Bryce and I are going to do in every city that we attend an eggfest. There is such a great need, and we'd appreciate anything you'd like to contribute!

The City Rescue Mission will come to pick up the food and donations Saturday afternoon.

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    AWESOME!! Makes me wish I was going and could contribute. Just proves what I already know....some good eggheads out there!
  • Tweety
    Options
    Thanks Brad, wish you could be there. Hope to see you in Austin in a few weeks!
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    Tammy, what a great idea! Would love to contribute -- do you have any more specific needs ideas?

Jeri, Cary and Buddy, the dog
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Tammy you make us all proud. Hugs to you guys ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Tweety
    Options
    Hey there, so glad you guys are coming to OKC!

The last thing we're going to cook for the day will be chicken fajitas w/ grilled veggies. I've already made Spanish rice, and a cake and will take tortillas, cheese, sour cream, etc. If I have time today, I might make a few other sides.

Anything you'd like to contribute would be great. You can pre-cook something then just heat it on the egg or donate your last cook of the day. The only reason I said "last cook" is so that it would be warm, but they can reheat anything we send.

Thanks so much for helping out, you'll be blessed.

Looking forward to seeing you, OKC is a blast! Let me know if you have any more questions.