Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Sunshine State Eggfest Thank You!

bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings,
I will say up front that I am sorry that this post will be long; however, I owe a lot of folks some thanks. For over the last 10 months, we, the Sunshine State Eggfest committee, worked very hard. Mike’s hard work on the design of the web site, and for putting up with me making last minute changes, I say thanks for your hard work! A big thank you also to Sabrina, for all the coordination and organization of the fest’s registrations. You ROCK GIRL! To my loving wife, LC, who coordinated and organized the Meet and Greet, and the Ceramic Iron Chef Competition. You are the bomb! They were a smashing success. To Neil, Julie, Jim, and Kay for your untiring energy in being everywhere, at all times of the day and night, to fill the gaps. You all made this fest possible. To Pat, “Mr. Behind the Scenes”. I would call Pat to have face to face meetings to work out details with the folks in Melbourne to save the committee travel time. I also would like to mention the countless times he went to the Airport to pick up fellow eggheads. Thanks to Richard for a last minute pick up of LC’s Brother and his kids. Thanks to John Hall (Egret) for compiling the cook book and for donating tickets to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest with lodging. You do make the world’s BEST brownies! To Clay Q for making a true piece of egg art with your table, which Rebecca will cherish for a long time. (and also making the delivering to her) (hope all is well at home) Special Kudos for the volunteers that showed up at 0630 Saturday to move eggs and help with the set up. There was one egghead from Canada, whose name escapes me, gets a true tip of my hat. Thanks!

The Sunshine Eggfest had well over 160 door prizes that we gave away to 67 cooks. A total of five eggs were given away. A very special thank you to a dear friend and loving egghead, Brenda Miller for the Mini Egg and other items that she brought with her from the Mothership. Hugs to you from all of us! To Dan and Shelly Coyne, for all of your support. They not only donated a small egg but also providied 35 demo eggs, lump, and water. (1200 customized bottles)Thanks for being flexible and sorry for the rush job on the tear down. (a lesson I learned for next year)

Thanks to our vendors: Todd from Carnivore BBQ, Al from All custom Shirts. Mike from Select Outdoor Kitchen, Stuart Borton from the Yellow Dog Café.

Thanks to our sponsors: Rob Varley, Space Coast Office of Tourism, Chuck Daly, Melbourne Chamber of Commerce, Tom Poehailos, Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, Jacqui at Tuckaway Shores, Gaylord, the owner of Downtown Produce, Chris at Dizzy Pig, Wayne of Third Eye BBQ, Tom at Ceramic Grill Store, Tom with Billy Bar, Tim from Thermoworks, and Alex with Southern Specialties.

Thanks ESPEICALLY to ALL of the cooks who traveled from all over to cook for nearly 500 attendees. Without your talent and hard work, this fest would not have been a hit!! You all did a fantastic job, and the food was outstanding! Thank you again.

On Sunday morning, stiff and limping, I went to the balcony reflecting on the good and challenging moments of this year’s fest. With all of the issues that are current in the world, I looked at the horizon and saw this;

DSC00233.jpg

…and knew that everything was right…..Thank you to everyone…

Ps…pls send me your pics so I can compile them for the web site’s slide show.
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    VERY NICE POST TIM! ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Is that Neil fishing on the right? :laugh:
    What a great weekend
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    THANKS TIM, THAT POST AND THE SUNSHINE STATE EGGFEST ROCKS :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Tip of the Hat to you and All that worked so hard to
    put the fest together!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • bubba tim
    I thought that was you.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Great post there bud, a Big Thanks to you and Michelle for putting up with me. I know thats not easy. The fest went off great thanks to everyone, a Team Effort.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    So that means that in 47 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, 22 minutes and 10 seconds we get to see everyone again and do it all again!!!! :woohoo: :P :laugh:
    it is a HUGE group effort and all by volunteers but with out our fearless leader we would be lost!!!!
    We look forward to it every year and will being counting the days to next year for sure!!
  • bubba tim
    Dang Julie....I am getting all misty-eyed.... :woohoo:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Great post Tim.From the pics that I've seen,it looks like everything went great :woohoo: I sure did miss seeing everyone and I can't wait till the next one.I'm already keeping an eye out for Julie's countdown clock :lol:
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    It was a great fest Tim, thanks to all of you for a great job :) :cheer: :) :cheer:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Thank you, all the volunteers who made this such a successful event! This was world class throughout. Not just talking either. I've been to a lot of fests throughout the country and this was as good as it gets! The organization and layout were perfect. We're still buzzing from such a grand time! When you come home feeling this good you know it was GOOD!! :laugh:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Great post Mr. Tim...and kudos to all who put on the fest, participated & attended. Well done everyone!!!

Ginny & I hope to see y'all next year!! :);)
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Tim & company,

We have been vacationing in various parts of Florida, Daytona, Key West and Orlando. Our stay in Melbourne was special and probably the highlight of our trip. We made new friends, now have memories and faces to put and match with the handles and the names, picked up few recipes to try and duplicate back home. That ham is on the short list, now

Thanks to all for everything.

Marc & Marie
    Ottawa, Canada

P.S. I learn how get big frogs legs from a chicken...
    Marc
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Tim congratulations on the Eggfest. Your words to me were reflected by your actions at your own event. I thank you for the time you gave me and I see plenty thanking you for the time you gave them.
    In my first event to be put on I ask my wife afterword if I had a good time (was completely drained) and she replied: you sure as hell seemed to. I wish the same for you my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Great Job Tim. A perfect fest again.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning Tim:

THANK YOU and the rest who make this Fest possible (and the best in the Egg world!). Already have next year's Fest on the calendar and will be contacting Jackie at Tuckaway soon to make our room reservations!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Tim, you really are a Bubba. You've got things backwards. WE THANK ALL OF THE ORGANIZERS! :) Once again you've gone above and beyond and have pulled off another fabulous fest.

All the time, effort, and physical labor you all expended was obvious and greatly appreciated. You, Julie, Michelle, Sabrilna, Mike, Kay, Jim, Neil, and last but not least Pat rock! :kiss:
  • bubba tim
    Thanks Al...I have a great team of folks who put their heart and soul into this fest. I could not do this without them...well maybe Pat....lol :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    Thanks Mickey for those kind words...
  • bubba tim
    Marc, Thanks for helping in the set up and tear down...What are ya doing next year? say Mar 9th? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    sniff... sniff... I wore that atrocious green shirt too Rebecca..... :pinch:
  • bubba tim
    Thanks for those kind word John...To say it was a team effort would be an understatement...I hope that the GA Mountain Eggfest is a huge hit also. Hope to see you soon. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    .....Hope?.....Next Year?......I miss you guys....ya better be there... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    :blush: ooooops, and the shirt was very becoming Miss Jules.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    All of you did such an awesome job and once again made the Sunshine Fest THE place to be! I appreciate all of the hard work that so many of you put in so that we could all have the best time ever! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!