Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are we a religion of sorts on this Forum?

Options
Uncle Phil
Uncle Phil Posts: 669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I told a friend about the Egg and the great people on this forum, he asked if we were like a cult or religion?
I told him no, just a bunch of folks who share a common love for great food and perfection in preparation. I told him if we were anything ... (Are you ready?) (you sure?)... We were probably 'EGGnostic'.[p]and Uncle Phil said that.

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    I'd say we were a Cult without the Kool-Ade.[p]Mike

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    Freakin hilarious. I loved that one. Be sure to teach your friend the secret handshake.
    Seth

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    crab leg,[p]Actually, when I speak of my egg, I refer to it as "The Truth" ![p]My wife calls it "the other woman" because of the time I spend with it.[p]-Tom
  • BluesnBBQ
    Options
    Yeah, we prefer beer. :)
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Hey wait a minute. I was promised Kool-Ade.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    WE are officially a Cult according to the Department of Homeland Security. They found our form of devotion bordering on odd and unpredictable. We represent a low security risk although because of the amount of body fat we all have. A threat to national security? Not unless the government takes hogs, steers and chickens off the market at which poiont they WILL feel our rath! ;>)

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Sundown,
    Oh don't worry, they will outlaw charcoal cooking long before that.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Sundown,[p]Odd and Unpredictable you say of us? ....... Hallelujah.! [p]I've noticed that we are especially odd and unpredictable to those who don't understand why one would choose a cooker that is so strangely shaped, made of untraditional materials, heavy, potentially fragile and costs more than most other cookers of it's size..... not to mention the risk of that infernal flashback.[p]And there are even those who don't understand why one would want to cook and be challenged by cooking every conceivable dish under the sun several times a week throughout the year rain or shine on this oddly shaped and oddly named cooker.... not to mention owning more than 2, 3 or 4 of these things.[p]And even more unbelievably, there are those who don't understand or even make an attempt to understand why this community of goofs works so well, and who even go so far as to snicker and openly show contempt for our camaraderie, general goofiness and the language we choose to communicate with each other.
    Can you believe it? CAN you believe it?...... To those unbelievers, I say... "Hooey!" [p]Odd and Unpredictable? Yep.
    Love to cook and Love their cookers? Yep.
    Know how to play well together and just plain have fun? Yep.
    Glass is half-full-kind-of-folks? Yep.
    Passionately goofy about making and sharing the best food they know how? Yep.[p]A cult? I don't see how you'd come to that conclusion. :~)[p]I hope to see you at Waldorf this year.
    John[p]

• WooDoggies, now you have me wondering, you ok ? do you have your BGE tattoo on your forhead ??? [p]reg

• ooops, forgot the winky thing. looking forward to seeing you in the coming year. i will fill the cooler lol [p]reg

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Thanks reg, I know my Marvelous Marv cooler is in good hands. And it would sho be nice if the Marv cooler were full of those superior Canadian beers when you pass it back...... don't you think?[p]Hey, and glad to see you posting here again.... you were one of the first forum folk I got to know when I started posting here a few years ago. Cheers dudemang![p]John
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    That's true, Lee, reg is not an egger....... but deep inside I sense he really, really wants to be![p]You, on the other hand, are going to need just a wee bit of persuading. :~)[p]John[p]
  • I agree with you that eggers are odd (I have a different word, as you know), but you are in NO way unpredictable ~~~~~~~~~~~~~[p]Lee
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    QSis,[p]Unpredictable as in that you know you are named in my Will to recieve my large upon my demise?[p]John
  • HolySmokes
    Options
    reg,
    hey. It aint on his forehead %>)[p][p]HS

• Is that word EGGcentric?[p]Lager,[p]Juggy