Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slightly OT--So Glad I Don\'t Eat Fish

Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
From our local San Diego Union-Tribune award-winning editorial cartoonist:

FishCartoon2.jpg

On my way to Melbourne...see you next week.
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• No offense Judy but I'm having a hard time finding the humor in this.

I'm surprised the newspaper went with the cartoon.
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    The country (our freinds) are in a very bad state, and we make fun! NOT FUNNY

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    editorial cartoons are intended to make you think and in many cases highlight controversial or 'hot button' issues - not to make you giggle.

I think this one succeeds.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    I would add that with a world in disarray beyond all that is articulable, why can’t we laugh instead of constantly wringing our hands up to heaven crying why oh why? Don’t we deserve a friggin break from the avalanche of bleakness?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i prefer watching billy walk around the neighborhood leaving that dotted line behind him showing all the funny stuff he did all day. i love that family circus. second only to garfield. a cat that likes lasagna. gets me every time.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    but the scale is a little off. They aren't all Stevens size. :huh:
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi Judy,
    While it's a sad situation over there I did get a laugh out of the cartoon and that is what cartoons are meant to do as far as I'm concerned.

I hope for the best for those poor people in Japan.

Thank you for the laugh.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Seriously, this a tragedy for so many who depend on our oceans for their livelyhood and/or source of food on the table. As people of an island nation, the Japanese heavily rely on the natural resources off their shores and beyond. What I don't condone is their continued slaughtering of endangered species of whales in the Southern Ocean, and I commend and support Captain Paul Watson & all the Sea Shepard Society participants for their courageous rebellion in an extremely, hostile environment..
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Can't you just see the potential for the Godzilla vs mothra etc movies with a modern twist :whistle:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Have fun! And keep up with every detail - we want to know exactly who did what, how delicious the food was, and what a great time everyone had. :woohoo: