Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef - WOW !!!

Options
ChrisC
ChrisC Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to throw a thank you out to Old Dave and Fishlessman for their recent posts on pulled beef. I cooked some yesterday on the new WGC (thanks again Todd) and I think that I like it even better than pulled pork. For those who have not tried it - go for it!!![p]I even threw some in an omelet this morning with some cheddar cheese and spicy bbq sauce - awesome...[p]-ChrisC

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    ChrisC,
    Details son, Details.[p]What type of cut was it and what temp, you know the usual assortment of questions we have for everyone. lol.

• ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    Bobby-Q,

Sorry -

I basically combined parts of the previous posts... A Big Thanks also to Chets post from January 10th...

About an hour before putting the meat - one 4# and one 5# Choice Angus Chuck Roast on the egg I rubbed them down with yellow mustard, coated heavily w/ DP Cow Lick, then topped w/ sugar - did not have the fancy kind so I used plain old white sugar.

Stabilized at a dome of 250 and let them go. Plate Setter, Drip pan w/ one bottle of Sam Adams Cream Stout. I used WGC w/ 4 chunks of mesquite scattered around the lump plus a handful of soaked apple wood chips thrown on at the same time as the meat.[p]At the 9 hour mark they were at 170 so I pulled them and wrapped separately in foil - each with a 1/4 cup apple juice, 1/4 cup beef broth, 1/2 tsp of cow lick, a squirt of honey. I had prepared this earlier and simmered on the stove for 10 minutes to meld the flavors and dissolve the honey and rub.[p]Pulled from the BGE 2.5 hours later at 200 and in the cooler for an hour. I could not wait any longer. I saved the liquid from each wrapped roast and after pulling the meat added it back (after skimming some of the fat from the top).[p]I was amazed at the little bit of waste that remained after pulling the meat. [p]Sorry no pics but I will be doing this again soon and will remember then.[p]Thanks,
    ChrisC

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    awe Chris, ya dang TEASE you!
    after reading all that (and salivating on my kbd) and to find out "no pics" - man, you owe us <G>
    jaymer...

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    ChrisC,
    Sweet...thanks for the details...you da Man!!