Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daytona 500

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey,
We're having people over for the race tomorrow. I was looking for good appetizer recipes for the Egg. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[p]Jenn

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    JennQ,
    hot wings and ABTs immediately come to my mind.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    RRP,
    Got both of those on the menu for our Daytona party...hard to beat some proven favorites...[p]Wess

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    I made this for a potluck last night. It's been awhile since I've made it and I'd forgotten how good it was. Fantastic, IMO.[p]Pineapple Salsa (Steve Raichlen - BBQ USA)[p]1 Ripe pineapple[p]1 Red bell pepper[p]1 Bunch scallions (green onions)[p]2-4 Jalapeño or habañero peppers (or mix/match)[p]1 TBS minced, candied ginger[p]¼ C chopped, fresh mint[p]3 TBS fresh lime juice, or more – to taste[p]1 TBS brown sugar or more – to taste[p] [p]· Peel the pineapple and slice into ½ inch slices. Core the slices.[p]· Grill the bell pepper, scallions, jalapeños, pineapple.[p]· Let peppers cool in paper bag or baggie to steam and ease pealing. Peal and seed.[p]· Chop or place ingredients in food processor – course chop.[p]· Can be made several hours ahead.[p]· Makes 3-4 cups[p]My Notes: I've use habeñeros both times I've made this and really like the heat with the sweet. This last time I made it, I used fresh ginger instead of candied. I think I like the fresh better. It gives it more zing.