Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Enchilada Cupcakes and Gift From Beli

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 2:03AM in EggHead Forum
This idea popped into my head yesterday, and I knew I wouldn't be happy unless I tried it.

Sprayed tins with cooking spray and installed first corn tortilla(tearing the sides really helps them lay in better). Alternated layers of cheese and onions, pieces of tortilla, and red or green enchilada sauce as many times as I could before topping with egg. Cook raised indirect at 350 -400 until eggs are to your liking. They were very good, and I think variations are many. Oh, yeah, ...the mug is from Beli. Mama thought the cooking area was more appropriate than the cupboard :lol: Thanks, My Good Friend.

Good weekend to all from sunny San Antonio.

Mike

enchiladacupcakes001.jpg

enchiladacupcakes002.jpg

enchiladacupcakes003.jpg

enchiladacupcakes004.jpg

enchiladacupcakes005.jpg

enchiladacupcakes006.jpg

enchiladacupcakes007.jpg

enchiladacupcakes009.jpg

enchiladacupcakes012.jpg

enchiladacupcakes014.jpg

enchiladacupcakes016.jpg

enchiladacupcakes019.jpg
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Now that looks GOOD.
    Nice food as well..... :laugh: :laugh:

Mike will have to try that soon: wow....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
    Looks fantastic! I will try it soon! Thanks for the idea. Great gift as well. Keep on egging!

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Thanks, Man! You rested yet?
    ·
  • GrumpsGrumps Posts: 182
    Very nice! And the enchilada cupcakes look good too!
    ·
  • I like it. They look good and the name you came up with fits.

I make the same eggy things, but I use wonton wrappers instead of the tortillas. I like them because you can add all kinds of herbs and different cheeses to make all kinds of variations.

Have a good weekend.
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Love the idea and they look fantastic. Try em' with a little leftover pulled pork... :woohoo:
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Brad, I can see Migas cupcakes in your future.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    Deconstructed/reconstructed huevos rancheros what a delightful twist and it looks good too. :laugh: Was going to fix for breakfast...no eggss :( Oh well, Manana es otra dia.
    ·
    Faith:
    I knew someone had to have thunk of this before. Kinda fun cook.
    ·
    ;)
    ·
    I was thinking of adding pork, but held off for the trial run. I think you have a great idea there.
    ·
    Wow! Had not thought of ranchero sauce! That would be fantastic! Thanks, man!
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    hi pal! long time no speak i hope all is well with you.

that looks great. i have been making chubby's cupcake breakfast cupcakes for several weeks. with ham as the liner. but i got a bunch of corn tortillas i casn use. this looks like a great idea. thanks for sharing with us ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Thanks for the recipe Mike, beautiful pictures as well

Ross
    ·
    Was the red sauce home made or store bought (and what brand)?
    ·
    Hey, Man! Long time. Hope all is well Terry.

Mike
    ·
    It was store bought HEB tamale sauce. It was all I had. I would try the red enchilada next time. The HEB green enchilada sauce is great.
    ·
    Count on it!
    ·
    Thanks, Ross. Nearly summer, huh?
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Good looking cook and meal. I like all of the filling possibilities....
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mike I'd never heard of enchiladas cupcakes before & allow me to say those are fantastic, wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww on my diet from now on......thought of a name for that well rounded gorgeos girl in the blue bikini?? :laugh: Poor of your mum,the things she has to put up with, she's perfectly right, tell her I'm glad she's got really good taste :P
    ·
  • kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 400
    I bet those would be good with a chicken liver in them too.
    Whatchthink....

·
    Good hearing from you, Barry.
    ·
    Not yet, but I'll be thinking of one. Gotta compete with Leroy. :woohoo:

Except for husbands,...Mama's got pretty good taste. :ohmy:

Thanks, My Friend!
    ·
    I knew that was coming. What took you so long? :P
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wow do those look good! Great idea with tearing the tortillas. That may be breakfast tomorrow.
    ·
    Let me know how it was.

LR
    ·
  • SteveinTNSteveinTN Posts: 223
    wow,
    thanks- i have not been on teh site in a while. this post is just what i needed. Great pictures and new idea of something to cook.
    thanks again -steve
    ·
  • Just looking at Corn Tortilla Looks like San Antonio
    I went to East Central. Retired in Kentucky, Miss the Tex Mex Food. Great job
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Nice idea! I notice a lot of Egg dishes at the mexican place I like to frequent. May have to explore them instead of my usual choices.

Your wife and mine may be related :evil:
    ·