Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbies and Miss Daisy

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All kidding aside, any newbies (I'm still new at this after a year) could learn an awful lot by reading the posts below on Examining Miss Daisy. There's a wealth on information for us all in those threads.
Carey

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Sundown,
    You are right Carey. The responses were great...and just goes to show you the variety of techniques people use to control temp, and overall cooking environment.[p]Seems like the the best way to learn what works best for you is to try different things, and make observations. And of course keep up on what others are doing as well.[p]Happy Friday!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]"And of course keep up on what others are doing as well"[p]With the amount of 'sperimentin and information that gets shared here on a daily basis, this is not an easy task NB. It IS a blast to try to keep up with it but nearly impossible none the less. You could Q 24/7 and still not have time to try all the stuff that gets posted. Life is good.[p]Troy
  • Anthony Up North
    Options
    Sundown,
    I'm with you. I've read all the posts on this "back-and-forth" from the eggsperts. I'm a Newbie and such debates can't but be very informative, and get one to thinking about exactly what is going on inside Humpty.[p]I have little eggspierience with the Egg. But I remember the old cooking stoves, the ones with dampers on the chimney pipes. If one closed that damper completly the smoke would begin curling out the stove into the house. Obviously the fire was getting some oxygen to keep it going as Char-Woody maintains. But then what happen to the smoke it produces? [p]In a stove it begain poring into the house. In the BGE I would guess more smoke would be trapped inside. And since smoke is hot, it seems that the inside would stay hotter. That's my uninformed, inexperienced opinion. [p]But I have no idea of what actually happens. I'll just begin 'sperimenting and reading what you all have to offer on this interesting topic and see where I end up on this matter of "Miss or Ms. Daisy."[p]Anthony Up North

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Anthony Up North,
    By definition, smoke is no hotter than the air column it is in.