Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my first Woosday post

Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,453
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
snowcano! we got hit by a spring snow last week

cb163b6f.jpg

Gary
canuckland

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    No chimney cap?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Showy Primpose on Trinity campus Sunday and yesterday, and dianthus (carntion) at my house.

Mike

030-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

055.jpg

058.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

067.jpg

070.jpg

062.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    We have spring here....But it has been up and down.

Larry

flowers004.jpg

flowers006.jpg

flowers002.jpg

And this starts Monday and you can forget about driving here or going out to eat.

tournament1.jpg
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Our 3-29 snow here in Iowa pretty but yuk
    l.jpg
  • stike
    A roll of soon-to-be Pancetta
    b0052c77.jpg

Hanging a few feet from where I did the first couple, a slightly more upscale location. Anyone wanna buy that set of books?
    4f4d7c81.jpg

Had dinner at a buddy's place. (yes, I have friends). Here's his horde.
    d4053e83.jpg

He built this
    0247a152.jpg
    And we made seven of these. Many different ones, including one with my pancetta
    c675c607.jpg

75257098.jpg
    79e961ee.mp4

Hate to say it, but they were better than from the egg.
  • YB
    Looks cold...Hope you get spring soon.

Larry
  • YB
    That is really neat Jeff.
    Larry
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    I have interest in the books. Have they appreciated? :ermm:

Picking up 2 fresh bellies in a few days. and a ham (fresh) I may be bothering you in the near future.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great photo Gary, brings to mind the snow capped peaks of Mount Fuji. :laugh:

These are a couple animated files I did last year.

The first one is a Boat-tailed Grackle. Common to Florida, often found in supermarket parking lots in the small trees. The males, like this one, are very gregarious and love to sit on conspicuous perches in trees or on top of light post where they call and rattle the shaves of their primary wing feathers. In the voice recording on the page linked here you can hear a typical outburst of a male and the rattling of his feathers. This one was really enjoying his bath.
    GrakleBath.gif

This second one was photographed at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, east of Naples, Florida. Corkscrew is a very old Cypress swamp and it is like stepping back in time several million years when you walk the 2 mile long boardwalk. I know of no other place like it. I was photographing the female Red-shouldered Hawk not having a clue that she was a she until her mate dropped in to my viewfinder and assured that the species was safe from extinction. :laugh:
    HawkMate.gif

Have a great day All,

Blair

• stike
    Oh my, have they appreciated.
    I got them in 1986 and got the whole set (12). Most folks i think only got the renderings and a few of the early houses. Full sets never come on the market as far as i can tell That was a chunk of change for a college student. I don't know if i have the guts to sell them frankly. That would basically be shutting the door on the dream. Hahaha i guess I did that anyway by quitting the profession! I had Futagawa sign one, when he came to reshoot one of the houses. I worked there and was there to help him (mainly by staying out of his way). First edition in the original chemises. As new, in dj and original cloth over boards Price on request :laugh:
  • stike
    Thank you sir. The pizzas really were fantastic
  • Gator Bait

Great photo's Mike! Are the Primrose your handiwork or are they wild? They are spectacular either way.

Blair

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
  • stike
    "smitten"? Are you canadian by any chance?
    I can remember when this was a much less friendly place.
  • Canugghead
    beautiful pancetta, one of these days i want to try charcuterie (sp) stuff but just never seem to get to it.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    good question, long story..

used to put ceramic caps and cover both eggs with a single cover from the gasser, one day when i removed the cover it dragged a cap off the egg (glad i stopped the fall before it hit the ground). no more caps after that close call.

so now i put the cover on with lower vents wide open and no chimney caps. this snow caught me off guard after a late night cook on the large.

Gary
    canuckland
  • Lawn Ranger
    I seeded those about 10 years ago, and they get better each year. Those are followed up by reseeding Lemon Mint.

017-1.jpg

009-1.jpg
  • Lawn Ranger
    Cool! Our Red Shoulder's nest blew down a few months back. we still hear them, but they've relocated. :(
  • Gator Bait

That is beautiful Mike, it must be fun having that much real estate to play with. Great job! :)

Blair

• stike
    Up and down? I still have a one square foot pile of snow in my yard that refuses to melt

You look pretty 'up' to me
    Looks nice and warm. I'm jealous
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    wow! that oven is impressive!...rr
  • Gator Bait

Until the property was developed I had a pair nesting directly behind my trailer. They were very welcomed neighbors, much better then what they were replaced with! Fortunately they are common down here and we have no shortage of them. We have a light color phase down here that can be pretty surprising as to how light they can get. Handsome birds. :)

Blair

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Fine. My much larger and much more colourful coffee table book and an incredibly well framed poster of Fallingwaters for the lot. ;) it's a dandy taken from well down the stream in the evening.

and it's rotolata isn't it?
  • stike
    Every pic of fallingwater is from that angle. :laugh:
    I spent an evening there having cocktails inside and photographing. Was once in a lifetime

RE: your coffee table book, is it the one by Edgar junior ?
    I have a few wright books. Unfortunate habit of the profession.
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    That's not snow. it's a block of styrofoam that blew into your yahd in January!
  • YB
    You need to move south Jeff for the winter and back to the north for summer.
    Larry