Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

tonight's tri-tip

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited 5:39AM in EggHead Forum
2ccd1116.jpg

7a022a34.jpg

0ca9f647.jpg

c6ff304d.jpg

108a5d35.jpg

b84faa4d.jpg

e39624b9.jpg

thanks for looking!
·

Comments

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Thanks for posting!!! Awesome cook - I have never seen these in the WD's here in Mobile - will stop by tomorrow to see if by chance they have some. :)
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    elzbth wrote:
    Thanks for posting!!! Awesome cook - I have never seen these in the WD's here in Mobile - will stop by tomorrow to see if by chance they have some. :)[/quote

thank you!

i called ahead of time and had one cut for me. may want to try that.
    ·
  • Nice and perfectly cooked, Jason. All the Winn Dixie's have disappeared around here.
    ·
    Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    Nice and perfectly cooked, Jason. All the Winn Dixie's have disappeared around here.

if you have publix instead, you win.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Great looking chunk of meat Jason. The color in pics is great and love the Shun! ;)
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,615
    Beautiful results, Jason! Delicious meals ahead.

Your tri-tip is shaped differently than those here in southern California. Yours look like a perfect triangle, and ours have a large chunk and a tapering end.

DSC01580.jpg

It's my favorite affordable piece of beef.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    i have noticed that you guys out west get a different shaped tri-tip than we do. i wonder what the difference is??

my wife was saying tonight that this runs circles around beef tenderloin, twice the price. as you can see, we probably give what, twice what you guys give?
    ·
    Do you mean what does it cost? I only buy it when it's on sale trimmed, only once in a while, and it was maybe $3-4 a lb, so I buy several and freeze them in FoodSaver bags.

It goes on sale untrimmed more often, but cutting away all that fat isn't worth it to me.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    is there a butcher in the house?
    ·
    Your piece looks like mine but with the tail cut off.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    that's what i was thinking. i wonder why they do that.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    That TriTip looks PERFECT! I got a cooler full of that SA Nobel Pils.I'll be glad when we have company so THEY can drink it. :sick:
    ·
  • U2U2 Posts: 26
    Man that looks perfecto!!!
    Direct??
    ·
    U2 wrote:
    Man that looks perfecto!!!
    Direct??

direct. spider first than at the top of the a/r.
    ·
  • U2U2 Posts: 26
    Wow that looks extraordinary!!
    I will follow your lead once I finally get to cook on the BGE.

Great Loooking Cook!!
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Nice job Jason
    This is one of my favourite cooks
    I need to get to the butcher this week :laugh:

Shane
    ·