Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

As MadMax would say "If you can make it in the oven...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
you can make it in the Egg!" [p]The wife was asked to bring brownies in to work for Valentines Day, so she asked if I wanted to try baking them on the egg. Figured, why not, so this is the result.[p]Brownies1.jpg[p]Just tasted them a few minutes ago (yes, we work together) and they are very good, no smokey taste at all.[p][p]Since we had done other deserts before she also had me bake the Peach-Ginger Crisp for the guests we had over last evening. Add some ice crean and it was great also.[p]PeachCrisp1.jpg[p][p]
Earlier I had made my day and put together a bunch of ABTs for snacking on all day.[p]ABTsDone3.jpg[p][p]
Saturday evening also did some bone-in chicken breasts with a sprinkling of the Penzeys Jerk seasoning (bottle in background). These turned out pretty good also.[p]JerkChix1.jpg[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    jay,[p]great pics!!! . .. i LOVE peach crisp done on the egg, even better than apple crisp (for some reason, the peaches absorb just the right amount of smoke flavor while sometimes the apples absorb a little too much). ..i did a potatoe gaulette last night that was excellent, and i'll be posting a whole pictorial a little later on this morning. ...[p]cheers[p]max
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    SSN686,
    Hey- there's Penzeys:) I got some new stuff called Northwoods Fire that's great on pork and wings. This blend has a lot of smokey chipotle pepper backed up with paprika, garlic, rosemary, thyme and black pepper. A flavorful and rich spice. [p]I can tell you are the creative type and have fun eggperimenting with the egg. I have made apple crisp and baked stuffed apples on the egg for dessert- why not when the egg is still hot from the meat cook. Anyway, your baking and BBQ pictures are cookbook perfect and you, like many others here in the forum, are going to put restaurants out of business. [p]Clay Q

• SSN686
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I have done your peach-blueberry crisp a couple of times before with good results, but this is a slightly different recipe as it includes rolled oats. This makes for a different topping (not necessarily better, but different).[p]Peach-Ginger Crisp[p]6 cups sliced peaches
    2 TBSP honey
    1-1/2 TBSP crystalized ginger
    2 TBSP cornstarch
    1 cup unbleached flour
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
    4 TBSP light margarine (or butter), cubed & chilled[p]
    Preheat oven (egg) to 350F
    In a large bowl, toss peaches and honey. Sprinkle with ginger and cornstarch. Set aside
    In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Using a fork, cut in margarine and toss lightly to combine.
    Spoon peaches into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle oat mixture on top. Bake until golden and hot, about 45 minutes.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    SSN686,
    Look great. How did you egg your chicken breast??? Temp,time,direct or????[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning New Bob,[p]They were done on a raised grid, direct at about 300-325. Initially bone side down for about 10 min., then flipped for about 10 min. more, then bone down again until internal temp (w/thermopen) was above 160F[p]Very simple. I had also brined them for about 3 hours before cooking. Came out very tender and juicy.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    SSN686,
    Morning bac at ya Sir,
    Thanks,
    I just did some direct on the main grill/grid at about 400 and they were very good but the skin was a little over cooked, probably too close to the flames.[p]A great week to ya,
    New Bob