Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

XL needs to Shrink

PhrettbenderPhrettbender Posts: 78
edited 1:35PM in EggHead Forum
My XL is a bit much for 2 people! It needs to shrink to a medium, I think, and will trade even up with equal mods. SE Wisconsin area.
·

Comments

• I have a large with two lids. The one that's on it is cracked and have a brand new one that hasn't been used yet. How about that? I live in New Mexico.
    ·
  • If iwas closer I'd definitely trade, but I'm in Texas. You thought about using a lump reducing ring etc?
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    That is what I was thinking. There will be times you will want the extra space.
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,978
    I have a large if intersted. Extra fire box (original fire box is sill good), plate setter, nest, new gasket, new stainless draft door, newer temp gauge - Minnesota
    ·
  • Someone sells a lump reducing ring for the XL. I think it is the Ceramic Grill Store.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I'd say get yourself a small. ;) You'll really miss the xl someday. Unless the pocketbook says otherwise, then you gotta do what ya gotta do.
    ·
  • You wouldn't happen to be traveling south (North Carolina) anytime soon, would you? I have a nice medium, and my family of four could exercise an XL, especially on pizza night.
    ·
  • I had the lump reducer, but still burns alot of coal for the two of us. I traded for a medium and in two cooks like it much better!
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    I have a medium and an XL (and a small and mini) - when it's just the two of us, I seldom use the XL. When the family gathered last week however, it was nice having the XL to throw everything on. I could have fired up all three of the little guys and got things done but it was nice to have everything on one. When I do pulled pork however, it is certainly nice to be able to pack the XL full so I can do 20-30 pounds at a time.
    ·