Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL needs to Shrink

Options
Phrettbender
Phrettbender Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My XL is a bit much for 2 people! It needs to shrink to a medium, I think, and will trade even up with equal mods. SE Wisconsin area.

Comments

• texegghead
    Options
    I have a large with two lids. The one that's on it is cracked and have a brand new one that hasn't been used yet. How about that? I live in New Mexico.
  • Pork N Stein
    Options
    If iwas closer I'd definitely trade, but I'm in Texas. You thought about using a lump reducing ring etc?
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    That is what I was thinking. There will be times you will want the extra space.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I have a large if intersted. Extra fire box (original fire box is sill good), plate setter, nest, new gasket, new stainless draft door, newer temp gauge - Minnesota
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • boston_stoker
    Options
    Someone sells a lump reducing ring for the XL. I think it is the Ceramic Grill Store.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I'd say get yourself a small. ;) You'll really miss the xl someday. Unless the pocketbook says otherwise, then you gotta do what ya gotta do.
  • Vetereggnarian
    Options
    You wouldn't happen to be traveling south (North Carolina) anytime soon, would you? I have a nice medium, and my family of four could exercise an XL, especially on pizza night.
  • Phrettbender
    Options
    I had the lump reducer, but still burns alot of coal for the two of us. I traded for a medium and in two cooks like it much better!
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    I have a medium and an XL (and a small and mini) - when it's just the two of us, I seldom use the XL. When the family gathered last week however, it was nice having the XL to throw everything on. I could have fired up all three of the little guys and got things done but it was nice to have everything on one. When I do pulled pork however, it is certainly nice to be able to pack the XL full so I can do 20-30 pounds at a time.