Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Bristol Bash 'em Up Panini

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two weeks I got to spend the weekend at the NASCAR race in Las Vegas and learn some BBQ tips from Chris Lilly and Ken Hess at Kingsford University.

Here Chris explains his techniques for smoking brisket.

DSC_0127resized.jpg

It was my first NASCAR experience.

DSC_0111resized.jpg

One of the things Chris stressed was "grill once, eat twice". Remember those spatchcocked chickens I made? I used the leftovers to make panini. I made this for tailgating at this weekends NASCAR race in Bristol, since it is a short track famous for a lot of bumping and crashes.

DSC_0317resized.jpg

The kicker was the high octane bbq sauce I made by mixing KC Masterpiece hickory bbq sauce with apple pie moonshine.

DSC_0284resized-3.jpg

I layered the chicken, bbq rub, bacon, bbq sauce, pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, and grilled pickles...

Bash-em-up.gif

And then grilled it under a foil wrapped brick.

DSC_0306resized.jpg

I am not a big race fan but tailgating is always fun.

Comments