Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shred a Brisket??

Options
tdubya
tdubya Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would it be considered some kind of sacrilege to shred a brisket, add the BBQ sauce to the shredded beef and serve it out of a crock pot? The situation just lends itself more to this method of serving it. Tom

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    A brisket doesn't really shred like pulled pork. I think you could slice it up and put the slices in a CP with sauce to accomplish what you need. Good luck to all.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    wrap in in foil around 185 and bring it up to around 210/215, it will shred. done it with brisket and big chucke eye roasts. do a search on burnt ends, not exactly pulled but its probably more what your looking for
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    this one was not even foiled, just over cook it and it will fall apart, rehydrate with sauce. this was made from a flat around 7 or 8 pounds

DSC_0102.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    I have not cooked alot of briskets and certainly have not cooked one to 210/215. I didn't know you could get it to shred. I learned something today. Thanks. Good luck to all.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    wasnt done on purpose :laugh: you need to save it with the sauce, was good the next day in the boat and i ate it cold. similar to burnt ends with out the added texture of being cubed.
    fukahwee maine

• tdubya
    tdubya Posts: 8
    Options
    Ahem....I actually did overcook it some, so rehydrating it with sauce will work fine. Thanks for the help!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I had some at last years OKC fest that was real fine pieces that had been in a food processor
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap