Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Centralia is playing for State Championship

Options
BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Centralia High School is the winningest High School percentage wise in the nation. We have won 30 games this season. That is the most in our school history. We are playing for the Illinois state basketball championship tomorrow. Wish us luck. We are playing a very good Rock Island team. Good luck to all.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Here I thought the big news was Eden Prairie winning State (MN) in Hockey for the second time in 3 years. B)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    As you know Tom - those state championship games are being played here in Peoria at our civic center - will you be coming to it? If so enjoy Peoria and good luck to your team!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BajaTom
    Options
    I'm staying home to watch it on TV but my freshman daughter is going on the fan bus. This is the first time since 1963 that we are playing for the state championship.
  • RRP
    Options
    Your daughter will surely be impressed - our community goes to great lengths to make the "Experience" something for young people to be dazzled by! They will be occupied and all within the safe confines of our large civic center. It is well policed, well run and the numerous activities are challenging and professionally supervised.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    One Awsome Eden Prairie Hockey Game. Go Eagles!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    Is that Centralia, IL?? I lived there in '73-'74 I was young and single so spent a lot of time in Wamac :woohoo: :side: :silly: so didn't attend any of the High School ball games. Mike
  • Ripnem
    Options
    Lee was one of my coaches back in the day.
  • RRP
    Options
    Not sure that Tom will be answering you tonight - but yes, that is Centralia, IL. I got to know Tom on this board since I grew up in Centralia, MO which essentially is a couple hundred miles due West.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Players seem to play well under him. He's been coaching for 20+ years I believe. Teacher over at Oak Point in EP.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ripnem
    Options
    He lives in my buddys neighborhood and is a blast to party with.
  • BajaTom
    Options
    You must have spent time at Peno's, Jerry's, Diamond Club, Industrial Tavern, Gheridinas, Blue Goose, and many other drinking establishments in Wamac. It was wide open back then. Good luck toall.