Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead - First Cook

Options
BoroBGE
BoroBGE Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am proud to say that I am the new owner of an XL egg thanks to my wonderful girlfriend, who bought me an early college graduation gift! Keep her? Yeah I think so!

I am familiar with the BGE, having many opportunities to use them (multiple egghead friends).

My girlfriend's dad had some spare ribs in the freezer and asked if I wanted to cook them up for the maiden voyage. I would have preferred baby backs, but free meat is free meat.

I took many different methods I had seen online as well as my past experience on my homemade smoker and I combined them all together. I must say, they were quite tasty and offered just enough resistance pulling right off the bone.

Heres the method in a nutshell:
Prep
1. Removed the membrane (of Course)--- Didn't feel like trimming
2. Coated them all with dijon
3 .Rubbed down with Miss State Ag. Dept BBQ rub along with some brown sugar and corky's rub.
Cooking (250 Degrees)
1. V-rack for 3 hours ( misting with a mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar every hour)
2. Rubbed down w/ Honey & Steeped in a roasting pan filled with about a quart of apple juice - 1.5 hrs
3. Pulled ribs and slathered w/ sauce and placed right on the grate- 30 min on each side.

Here are a few pics- Didn't have my DSLR on me, so I had to use my P&S. Better pics in the future!

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Let me know if you have any tips - feedback - criticisms!

Thanks!

Comments