Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty card question

Options
bigmike55
bigmike55 Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my BGE for almost a year now and love it. I sent off my warranty card a few days after I got it but never received anything back from BGE HQ. Should I have received something back from them after they got my info? How do I know that my warranty is valid?

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You could call them and ask but as long as you have your purchase papers you should be fine.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Darian,

What'd you do, send one and just check every box? :P
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Very funny.
    I had my second and third Eggs(Large and Small) hid in my garage for months before Lora found out I had more than one. :laugh:
    It's been a crazy ride with lots of games.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ACT 1
    ACT 1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Ditto, to date I have yet to recieve any notice that the "mothership" have recieved my warranty card. But come to think of it, I've never recieved any sort of followup on any of cards I returned. Interested to see if anyone has been contacted by the BGE company.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Mike, You won't get a conformation return mail. Sometime last year while talking to Bruce at the mothership about a fire box I asked about the w/card and was told they do not send a confirmation receipt. He went on to say they do keep all the cards and log them into a data base I think but, the bottom line is to keep your purchase receipt. On top of that he did say if you don't have documentation that he can ask you a couple of questions and go from that info:)
  • bigmike55
    bigmike55 Posts: 39
    Options
    Sounds great. Thank you for the response.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    Options
    Called the mothership 4 months ago and left a message regarding the warranty card. Never received a call back. Don't know why. Guess I will send my card in 10 months late.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    WeberWho?, See my response and go ahead and sent it in. Bruce told me at the time that they were several months behind updating the data base from all the cards they get. This was from a conversation I had with him about a year ago. ;)

If you call the mothership and leave a message in Bruce Bohanon's voice mail be sure to leave your cell phone number and your call may come the next day. Like I said this was per a call around a year ago and things may have changed. Now take this statement with a grain of salt cause I don't really know for sure but, your question may not be on the high priority call back list. :unsure:
  • field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Options
    I had similar experience, mailed cards but no acknowledgement. In having a phone conversation on another subject, I was told nothing is mailed to confirm receipt of the cards, however, they checked nad had received both of mine.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • MusicMan78
    MusicMan78 Posts: 182
    Options
    Here's a snippet of an email convo between me and Bruce a few weeks ago

Re: Warranty Card Missing...and other issues
    Bruce Bohannon

To: David
    Hello David,

I am happy to hear that you received the new band and that everything is in working order. As long as you have the purchase receipt for the Mini Egg you really do not need to mail in the warranty card; just hold onto to the copy of the receipt and this will serve the same purpose.

Thanks,

Bruce
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Do you ever hear back from a company when you send in the warranty card? No. You are fine.
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Options
    Best advice is to make a copy of the receipt if it is on thermal paper, and file it away just in case.
    I have people comming to me all the time wanting warranty on an Egg bought somewhere else and the don't have a receipt and the mothership has no record of them.
    They are screwed!