Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT (somewhat): What A Couple of Days...

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Congrats, one more and you can play baseball, two complete teams, grandma and grandpa can be opposing managers.......
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Feathers are feathgers, it is a great mental picture.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

I couldn't be happier. Thanks Tim.

• Grandpas Grub

Thanks Jerry.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks Leroy, love all the g.kids. More fun for grandpa.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

:laugh: It's not my doin...

Thanks Molly. It sometimes is a real madhouse when they are all together. Of course I usually egg it all on.

Hope all is well over there. We are getting hit hard with snow, from 2 to 3 feet in the mountains. It's heading your way.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

If it's your first you won't believe how much fun. I like the newborns but get a few months (and a couple of three years) under their belt and it really gets fun. It's fun going out walking and looking at monsters in the grass, like ants and other critters.

Congratulations and I hope all goes well.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks. Yes, I will need a wide angle lens for sure.

Kent 
  • Grandpas Grub

:):) I do my best to spoil the grand kids, and at times it gets my kids knickers in a knot. But that's what grandpa is for.

Thanks, Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks Bob, I appreciate that.

I hope things are going well with you. Did you get the cold spells in your area?

My sisters husband past away back in November and I was a little south (I think it was south) of Tuscon and the weather was cool but really nice. Went back down a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe what the cold weather had done to the cacti and other foliage. I saw a lot of frost damage to the lemon, orange and grapefruit trees.

Be well my friend. Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thank you. Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks Hoss. I'm only blowing the whistle for now. The work will come when I have to do some baby sitting. I will moan and groan to the parents but have a ball with the kids.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Hehehe didn't think about that, but great idea Tom.

Once a month we get together for dinner and that really gets interesting. If you ever saw the original Lethal Weapon with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, the scene at the end where Danny invites Mel in to dinner and Mel whistles for his dog. All you can hear is the dog chasing the cat.

Great fun for grandpa. I stir things up a little and grandma just sighs and gives me a loving smile.

Kent
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I know THAT drill!!! :laugh: ;)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    You can post some'en OT that cute anytime!! Glad everyone is doing well and congrats!
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hi GG,
    Yes, we got the very cold stuff and it took it did a number on the plants. Our weather is warming, starting tomorrow our late afternoons will hit around 80 or a bit above. Mornings are not bad either, usually around 50 or so at 6 a.m.

Were just waiting to see which plants make it and which one froze to death. :( I sure am glad to see the hot weather coming.

My Best to you and your's,
    Bordello
  • Grandpas Grub

I was really amazed how much change the first cold blast did to all the plants. The alo plants were really suffering. However, it is amazing how those plants come out of stress.

When we were down there we took some time to go see the Desert Museum. Before going I thought it would be sort of hohum. It was really pretty darn cool, I wish we would have gotten there earlier as I wanted to see more of the Raptor's.

50° is a pretty darn nice temperature. Temperature wise I would really enjoy San Diego or San Francisco area or your area in the winter months.

Be well, Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

:laugh: We all are pretty blessed with this birth. Thanks, grandpa is bust'n his button's.

Kent
  • Denbbq
    Denbbq Posts: 84
    Congratulations Kent!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Felicidades Kent!!!!!! Beautiful Samantha is a darling
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Very cute! Congratulations grandpa!

H
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    She a cutie pie, that's for sure!

17 is a lot of grandkids! How many kids do you guys have? I have always been envious of large families. I only have 3 kids myself. There were 4 kids in my family growing up but my mom has an identical twin and she had 4 kids and we were together all the time, so it was like there were 8 of us. 10 if you add in the other two cousins who were also always around. Now mostly married with kids and grandkids of their own. Family get-togethers are a lot of fun ex we moved 2 states away about 10 years ago so we miss out on most of that fun.

Our first grandchild will be born in October.
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks Mike. It's always fun when a new one comes along.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks Beli. I am pretty proud although I had nothing to do with it. It will get a lot more fun in a couple of 3 or 4 months.

Hope all is well in your part of the world. Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Thanks a lot. Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Dimple's Mom wrote:
    Our first grandchild will be born in October.

That is great! A lot of fun. I sure hope you have easy access. I would to live up on an island in your neck of the of the woods as wood my wife. However, with the grand kids mostly in this area (2 g.kids up you you) my wife would never move. She doesn't ask for much for herself so I will put up with this weather for the duration. Besides I love any time I can get with the g. kids.

We have 5 kids. The oldest son has 5 kids oldest 14 and youngest about a year now.

The next in line is another son and he and his wife can't figure out what is causing kids. Between adopting and natural berth they have 5 and are going to have a couple more.

Next is my oldest girl. They have 3 their oldest son is almost 12 and a dang good basket ball player. Their daughter is 8 or 9 and doing very well in interstate gymnastics. Their youngest and last son idolizes his big brother.

My middle daughter and her husband have had a real hard time having kids. A boy and now 4 years later Samantha Rae (our newest).

The caboose in our family is our youngest daughter. 2 boys.

My youngest son and middle daughter were born 4 years, 4 minutes apart. Our youngest daughter was a surprise and only 11 months younger than her older sister.

My brothers and cousins only see each other once a year if that. So when all our kids were younger we would always have Sunday dinner over here. As the kids got bigger and things more complicated and a lot more mouths we cut the meals down to once a month. That was important for my wife and I as we hope our kids and grand kids will be friends and have fun with their siblings. Cooking for everyone is a lot of work now but I wouldn't pass it up for anything.

I keep thinking about 4 years ahead and longer with all the g. kids boy and girl friends coming to the monthly dinner. I am going to need a bunch more eggs.

Well that's about hit for the family history...

Again congratulations on your upcoming grand child.

Be well, Kent
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    You are a rich man indeed! B)
  • Grandpas Grub

That is very true indeed. I only wish I took the time to play and enjoy my kids as much as I do the grand kids. Back then I put too much emphasis on living and getting 'stuff' for the family. I have a 9 year old grand daughter that loves to sit around the egg and cook and just talk. If we are not cooking a meal we are roasting marshmellows and making smores.

Very rich indeed.

Thanks, GG
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    GG, can't beat yourself up to much - most of us did the same thing, myself included. But, you get to have a nice retirement because of it. Me...I'm 1 1/2 years away from packing it in and moving to the mountains of Colorado....where my kids and grandkids live now. B)