Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KCBS Benefit\'s Question for Any Members

Options
BGE Convert
BGE Convert Posts: 127
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw in a post below that with the purchase of any KCBS membership that you would be eligible to purchase a day pass or membership to Restaurant Depot ("RD"). Is that true or are there limitations. By limitations I mean does the benefit need to be offered in the bull sheet or is it available all the time. I only ask because, I called up KCBS to inquire and they could only tell me about their current benefits and it seemed that this is something offered from time to time. I called the local RD and they were not helpful on this. Any information on this from members would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options
    I made the post you are talking about and you don't need to purchase the daytime membership and from talking with competion smokers on another forum it appears that this is an ongoing thing, not just a one time shot. You only see the deal from inside the KCBS members only section. There is a coupon there that tells the RD receptionist what code to enter to allow the daytime pass. The only thing you don't get is the privilege of having a regular membership so you have to go through the daypass routine every time you visit. PM me and I'll provide a link to the other forum that shows the coupon for you to make your own decision.

Jer
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options
    BGE Convert, just send you an email with the link. Jer
  • BGE Convert
    BGE Convert Posts: 127
    Options
    Thank you! I just checked the link and it is pretty self explanatory.
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    There are several things that being a KCBS member gives you. The Bullsheet, monthly paper, gives you a lot of info on cotests, classes. and oter bbq info. Several times they have deals only open to members. If you want to go to Restaurant Depot get some one that has a business are non profit organization to apply and get you an extra card. You just have to add on the sales tax if you don't have a tax number.

Poppasam
  • Booking It
    Options
    Thank you for this tip! I've been dying to go to Restaurant Depot, and I've been trying to scram on a friend who has a membership. Now I don't have to! I have to pay more attention to my KCBS benefits (especially since I'm finally going to be a certified judge in two weeks!).