Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

small BGE after many ABT's

Options
tinman
tinman Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC03562.jpg
<p /> where's the party?

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    tinman,[p]is that a...a swingout egg table on a trailer hitch type mount for the small?[p]
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    tinman,
    I got a jacket just like that!!! No, wait... the one I'm thinking of belongs to my uncle Ellllllllllllvis!
    Qfan
    (Thank you, thank you very musssssh!)

• Fisheyes
    Options
    tinman,
    WOW!!! That is a great setup. Please let me know more details. I will go buy a small BGE this weekend, if I can get that setup too.[p]Thanks,
    Brad

• SeanB
    SeanB Posts: 20
    Options
    Fisheyes,[p]I think I found it...or close to it anyway.[p]Sean
    [ul][li]http://www.hitchholder.com/[/ul]
  • SeanB,[p]I use this swing out cargo carrier but I don't think it was the one that Mr. Tinman shows in the picture. I have a larger cooker than the Egg which weighs about 250 pounds that I use in competition cooking and mount it on the back of a medium sized SUV and it is nice. Just swing it out, put the propleg under it for support, and cook away. Nice thing about it as you can get the back door opened in the SUV with the cooker in the out position. I also used a standard cargo carrier for some of last year contests and it was a real pain to load and unload the 250 pound cooker. I also couldn't get the back door opened on the SUV with the cooker mounted.[p]I haven't tried it but I think a fellow could get two large Eggs on this carrier which would work very well for a contest, tailgate, party, or what ever. [p]There is one drawback, and that is the price. They are not cheap!![p]Dave

• tinman
    Options
    Fisheyes,
    the unit was custom made. a buddy of mine is a great welder. I'm an accomplished woodworker. we bartered talents. hinge is from iron gate. since I used granite under egg (eliminate heat concerns ), the weight was a burden on hinge. back to the drawing board. looking to a junk yard for hinge for spare tire on back of "bronco" or the like. when I finish, I will paint it the color of the truck. I'll post final pictures.
    Jorge

• tinman
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    I'm the one taking the picture! during mardi gras season, it's no telling what you will see!

• tinman
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    yep, that's what it is. level is equal with tailgate. made eggcellent work area.