Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remote thermometer question

Options
Scottborasjr
Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got the ET-73 BGE model, if the receiver is getting transmission sparingly is that a sign the batteries need to be changed. Haven't had a problem the couple of times I've used the thermometer before but it doesn't seem to be updating like it did the first few times I used it.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• gs300
    gs300 Posts: 24
    Options
    It sure couldn't hurt to try new ones. I just looked at the instructions on mine to see if there is a stated interval for the transmissions and there wasn't so I have no idea the norm. Perhaps it only tansmits when there is a change?

GS
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    It's possible your receiver unit is to far away. Note the food and pit temps on each unit. If they match it's working but, If the outside temp is different you may not be getting the up date. Maybe it's distance. Maybe it's the batteries. I think the batteries should last quite a long time.
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Options
    When I used this device, I noted that the update rate was quite a bit more frequent when the temp was changing quickly .... like at the start of a cook when I was just getting the fire/cooker up to temperature. Once the temperature became stable the update frequency seemed to decrease dramatically.
  • smokinsop
    Options
    Have had 2 of these and both were junk in a couple of months