Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kettle Grill Facelift

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,026
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
They just opened the biggest Menards in the nation locally and had to check out their lump selection. An egg looking grill grabbed my attention when walking into the grill section. Went over to check out the egg looking grill only to find out it was a kettle grill. Tried looking online for any info about the grill, but didn't have much luck. I really like the swivel grate option they have on the grill. A nice stock option I wish the egg had. Would think about trading out my stock egg grate if the dimensions were similar.

Fegg1.jpg

Fegg3.jpg

Fegg2.jpg

Fegg4.jpg

Fegg5.jpg
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    Menards is all over this trend. The one by me sells the Keg. Fine by me because that means they stock RO during the winter now!
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    That looks a lot like the inside of my bubba keg, the lid and gasket. Bubba keg was purchased by another company, this might be one of their first rebranding efforts. Looks good, I love seeing more products like this.

EDIT: never mind , bubba keg was bought by onward manufacturing:
    http://www.omcbbq.com/
  • SmokinJ
    SmokinJ Posts: 220
    Options
    I just bought this and love it.

photo2.jpgphoto.jpg
  • WeberWho
    Options
    They carry Royal Oak Steak House here. This is my main lump. Before Menards rebuilt they never carried Royal Oak Steak House. Other Menards around the twin cities carried it but never the closest Menards. Half the pallet was gone before they even had the "grand opening"
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    That is nice! Where did you pick that up? I want one!!!

Minnesota
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    I never used steakhouse lump. How is it? I can't find any info on that grill either. Looks pretty cool.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Just looked it up. That is real nice. Never seen one. Let me know how you like it.

Minnesota
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    I got it from Ceramic Grillworks. I do a lot of two tier cooking and this is a must have in my opinion. Well built.You can even call Franco 1-877-71-GRILL.I get my rubs from him and I stopped in for some and saw that and had to have it.

http://shop.ceramicgrillworks.com/
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    I love this unit. This wont be coming out my grill. I like putting veggies and potato's up top when doing burgers and I can just swing it out to flip. I started using my kettle more because I thought it was a pain at times cooking a whole meal but now not so.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Don't have very many options around here. Just the basic Cowboy lump at the big box stores. Not a fan of Cowboy. I like the steakhouse lump. Never tried any "fancy" lump, but this seems to work good. I believe Royal Oak is the manufacturer of Big Green Egg lump. Just paying for the Big Green Egg name.

The grill is non existent. Really nothing on the web. Must be brand new and not many people seem to have interest in them. I think they were asking $350+ for the grill. I flipped through the instruction manual for a few minutes and took these picture. Two minutes later I returned and the instruction manual was gone. Someone must have not liked me looking at it and taking pictures. Maybe some top government grill Menards got their hands on!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Makes so much sense. Thats exactly what I have wanted. You are the first person I have seen with this. Thanks for the tip!

Minnesota
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    What is that..a "Primo" ?
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    Your welcome. He just came out with this unit. I think the price now is an intoductory price. Not sure how long he is doing that price.
  • WessB
    Options
    actually on a second look I believe it might be a Grill Dome...
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Just curious.... when you swing it out, what's the drip factor like on your gasket, the side of your cooker, and your deck?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    It's neither', and it's not ceramic. Looks like a double wall insulated cooker like my keg. Ridiculously frugal on lump, sometimes too much, it's either hot or fire dies trying to choke it down.
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    I haven't notice much of a mess. I haven't had a ton of drippings. As far as gasket, I don't think it would be a problem. I'm a messy cook at times and spilt stuff on the gasket many time with out issues. I will take note for the deck and let you know what I find when I get more cooks in but as of now no problems or mess.
  • WessB
    Options
    Pretty sure it's a Grill Dome..
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Wess,

It is. ;) but cookingdude555 was talking about the red one in the original post. He's probably viewing the forum in a different view, say....flat.? :P
  • WessB
    Options
    Gotcha.....and you're most likely right
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Yep, i was. Sorry guys, easier to see it that way on the phone. I always get mixed up. ;)
  • hockeyfox
    Options
    Ha, is that at the Eden Prairie Menards? I saw the exact same grill and it looked kinda cheesy. In addition to my small BGE, I have a Big Steel Keg that is simliar to the above, only constructed much better. I would run away from this one, even with the sub $400 price.