Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Thin Talaipa

Options
Jumping Joe
Jumping Joe Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK so I have some super thin Talaipa that we just found in our deep freeze. Thawing out 4 now....any idea on what to do with them? SUPER THIN!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    grill on pizza screen and have fish tacos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Talapia tacos.
    Pan fry in the egg, doesn't matter if the fish break up. Adobo seasoning is nice or Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin and build your taco as you normally would. Use lot's of shredded Wisconsin cheese! Fish is good for you. Enjoy.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Great minds think alike. B)
  • Jumping Joe
    Options
    Love the taco ideas but we are missing some ingredients....no mixed greens and only have one super small tomato left. Need to go to the store......dam. HELP
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Blackened in a CI pan
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    What do you use for a fish taco sauce?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    What do you use for a fish taco sauce?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Mickey
    Options
    Joe I am in Texas and no mixed greens is just not a problem :laugh:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    I like ranch dressing with a little hot sauce or chili sauce mixed in (easy).

• loco_engr
    Options
    Thanks Mickey!

ck your mail
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Another option that blasted into my head.....
    Put them on a plank, oiled, a touch of S&P, some dill weed and a slice of lemon
  • Mickey
    Options
    Got it.
    Thanks

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I did some Friday. I used DP Swamp Venom and cooked in CI pan for 1 minute per side. At about 500 degrees.