Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

UPDATE: ET-732

Options
berrygood
berrygood Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Unfortunately, same old Maverick. I wrote a short, positive review a coupla weeks ago, praising the 732. Well, scratch that. All the improvements - increased remote range, higher food end temp range, overall hardware quality - remain accurate, but the temp accuracy has deteriorated substantially.

All initial tests proved accurate, but now the pit temp is about 50 degrees off at 250 and food temp reads 108 sitting outside in 40 degree weather. (Yes, I checked it against Thermapen, egg thermo, and boiling water).

Sigh.

Comments

• omahaegger
    Options
    I used mine for the first time on Friday night/Saturday Morning doing an ovenight of a brisket and 2 butts. initially I thought the same thing, but it seems like it "calibrates" on power up or something and if you plug the probes in after its on it does weird things, I had to power cycle once or twice to get everything reading right, once I did that it performed beautifully for the whole 16+ hour cook.
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Yep..I agree. The first time I turned mine on there was a 25 deg difference between the pit and meat probe. Now I had plugged the probes in after I turned the darn thing on.

I put both probes in a glass of ice water and then turned the thing back on and it took a second but they both are working correctly now.

Now I can say that my old Maverick just plain sucked as for the wireless part. I had to keep the receiver withing 10 feet of the transmitter. The ET-732 I can walk all around my house and I have even been outside in my neighbors backyard and still picked up signal. I do like the beep if signal is lost.

It is a better product in several ways..One you don't have to take off the back to turn the darn thing on the other is the soft touch buttons. Wipe with a cloth, no worries.

The bad thing is mine was ordered a week before Christmas and didn't show up till the end of Jan.
  • howmeisterg
    Options
    If you have any problems with your Mavericks, just email Maverick. I had the same problem with my ET-73 and they took care of the issue - so their customer service is wonderful.