Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg prices going up?

Options
MusicMan78
MusicMan78 Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are the prices going up on all of the egg's or just the larges? I already have a large but am looking at going to buy a small or mini and just wanted to know if I need to hurry up and buy or is it too late? Also what is average price of a mini vs. a small. I know people are leery of posting prices here I just want a ballpark. Thanks!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Yes the new powers in charge at BGE Hotlanta pushed through another price increase. How individual dealers deal with that might give you a good insight to their moral fiber. My dealer will sell his eggs already in inventory at his original cost + markup, but new stock at his NEW cost plus markup...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I can tell you the new price for Minis in California as of this week:

419.99 + stand 89.99 = 509.98 + 45 (California state tax is 8.75%) = $555

Previous price was 329.99 + stand 69.99 = 399.98 + 35 tax = $435. My wonderful dealer gave me a close-out price and NO tax! He sure knows how to win customers for life!

The only difference is it now comes with a stainless steel grid and a new thermometer.

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Wow, $555 for a mini? I am not sure it makes sense to buy a mini at that price. Thats just crazy. Too bad. :(
  • MusicMan78
    Options
    wow that is a pretty big jump...I'm going to go to the dealer that I bought my large from tomorrow and hopefully he will have some old stock to get rid of.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    AGREED!!! :whistle: 5C for a mini....fuggetaboutit!
  • Hoss
    Options
    FOR a MINI???!!! :whistle: :S
  • BR-549
    BR-549 Posts: 48
    Options
    Last time I looked at a mini, it was going for $300.00, in Albuqueque, N.Mex.
  • BigGreenGregg
    Options
    That probably includes the new California Carbon Emissions Tax, Carbon Ignition License Fee, and Ash Disposal Surcharge ;) Don't really miss California (except for the weather) - I think they tax the taxes!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    as a baron, you are entitled to use 'von' in your surname, designating the region or village/town of your baronial seat. if you live in the City/Town?Village of "Loney, you would be Baron von 'Loney.

if Loney is the family name, you might append it with "von" and the City/Town?Village which is your seat.

Say you are of the 'Loney family, from the villages of Thurn und Taxis... Upon being made a baron, you may change your title to :"Baron'Loney, von Thurn und Taxis"

of course, your actual town name would take the place of 'Turn und Taxis'

very simple, really.

if the village is 'Loney, then perhaps "Baron BigGreenGregg von 'Loney", though the Germans really knew how to make the most of a name. That version is a little weak. Best to make it as long as possible, that'd be in keeping with the whole idea

signed,
    Baron Gottfried Steigemann von Arschloch am Brüstebergen
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BigGreenGregg
    Options
    Aight Stike - advice taken and signature updated. Not as long as your title, but hey...it works
  • Bulldog Mom
    Options
    The price for a mini at my dealer in Columbus, Ohio is $389.00 tax and title.
  • stike
    Options
    if you guys are gonna do it, do it right...

you guys need a constituion of 'Loneydom
  • stike
    Options
    nice. hahah

you can clean it up a bit too. Germans love to cram words together

Baron 'Loney von Sengenderstadt

ignore hornhonk, he's just jealous of you. now you need to get a green bi-plane, and become "The Green Baron". if you make it yourself in your garage, it will be cheaper and you can probably get an 'X' designation and thereby forego the pilot's license. nice loophole, that.
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    Well I am glad I got my L when I did. It took some effort to get the one I have!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Stike, I'm nominating you for the title of "Crown Solicitor". Do I hear a second?

wizardofoz.jpg
  • MusicMan78
    Options
    1st stop on my search has ended in less than desirable fashion...

They have no smalls or mini's in stock and claim to never have sold one, ever! Prices are 365/469 for them.

Bad thing is that if I want one now I have to pay the freight myself (not included in above quote) or wait 2 months until they place another order. Oh well on to the next (and only) other dealer in my area!
  • Hoss
    Options
    GOODGOSHAMITEE!!! :woohoo:
  • Hoss
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Consider what I had to do...as large as San Diego County is (over 3,000,000), no one has a Mini to sell. I ended up at a dealer 2 hours away in Riverside County. Even with the gas money and loss of one afternoon, it was a good deal.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • GregM
    GregM Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey Dave,

Where are you looking? I am in AA, got my large at Home and Garden downtown. If you haven't checked with them, might want to call. I don't know that they compete on price, but they have been good about answering questions, they delivered for free (but that may be AA only), have ordered some stuff for my wife for gifts without to long of a wait etc. I have only seen larges there on display, but they keep stock upstairs.

I know Big George's (on Stadium) carries them as well, but I liked the service at HG. Big George had medium's and XL's on display this summer along with their large. They sometimes have an egg, nest or table in their close out at reduced prices as well (it is upstairs). Still full warranty etc. and can save a few dollars. But when I spoke with them about eggs they had to pull out a brochure. May just be the two guys I tried.

Let me know if you have any good leads in the area. Also, any hints on good sources for lump (I use Ace Hardware on Stadium now, but they usually only have Cowboy).

Greg
  • MusicMan78
    Options
    The above quotes are from HG's (where I bought my large) so I went to Big Georges and found that they had a display model of a mini (minus the CI grate) talked to Brad who has an egg at home too...got it for 225.00!!! :woohoo:

@ GregM: I source my lump from the Walmart on the corner of State St. and Michigan Ave. They have Royal Oak in the orange bag in the garden dept. If there is none on the shelf they have 2 pallets up on the shelf you just have to motivate somebody to get them...or climb up yourself :laugh:

The new addition is getting inspected
    DSC00440.jpg
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    Sucks they are going up so much