Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chef Wil's Stuufed Brisket - ??

Options
ChrisC
ChrisC Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quick question - I put together one of Chief Wil's Stuffed Briskets last night following WooDoggies & Cap'ns terric post w/ pictures. It is on the BGE and looking great but I am wondering if I should let it go the whole cook unwrapped or wrap it in foil towards the end. It seems on quite a few brisket posts everyone wraps towards the end but I did not see this detail in Woodoggies post.[p]Any advise?[p]Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    ChrisC,[p]Cap'n and I didn't wrap ours. We cooked it indirect the whole way.
    Let us know how it turns out.[p]PBRs'
    John

• ChrisC
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Thanks for the reply. I will let you know. I just hit 160 internal @ 10 hours. Should starting moving again soon I would think.[p]-Chris
  • ChrisC
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Thanks again for the original pics and the advice. Brisket turned out great. Very visually appealing on the plate and tasted great. It took longer than I expected - probably the difference between prime and choice... All was well though because as an experiment I had cut the point off and wrapped in sugar the night before - coated it w/ MSS & Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and cooked it to 175 - wrapped it in foil for another hour - it came out amazing - thinly sliced - the wife and I snacked on that w/ some ABT's (I had cooked two butts the night before) while watching the game & waiting for the brisket. [p]I have had my BGE for a month and cannot believe the food it turns out. [p]Thanks again for the help.[p]-Chris

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    ChrisC,[p]Glad everything turned out well for you. I have got to do another one of those soon.... thanks for the incentive and welcome to eggdom... this place is an amazing resource for all kinds of cookery.
    Keep posting your cooks!
    John [p]

• Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    Options
    ChrisC,
    Glad it turned out well. I gave my cousin a coupon for one of those for his birthday...and can't wait till he calls me up to cash it in as I will do two!
    Beers,
    Cap'n