Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

..........been missing ya'll

Options
2»

Comments

• Vetereggnarian
    Options
    Any story to that napkin? That was my ship's motto when I was in the Navy.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    bill, I knew I would be 'ice bound' so I made sure I had enough whipped cream for the hot chocolates and kahlua, and sake schnapps. (Ever heard of sake schnapps? B) ). Priorities! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looking back at the 'refrigerator' pic, even I have to laugh at the copious amounts of dairy products. :side:
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Egret, I can only imagine how gorgeous it must be in your part of the country! You'll have to share some pics. Having an egg sure makes it easier to hunker down.

P.S. Although I got rid of my frdige contents, I kept your sourdough starter!!!!! :)
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Adam, maybe we should have had the 'ice fest' in Dayton, :laugh: It's just about killin' me to not attend the 2nd annual Ice Fest in Minnesota. I was sooooo looking forward to hanging with such stalwarts. :whistle:

Promise me you will remember to take lots of pics! I don't care if you don't remember what the pics are about. :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    hang in there

we escaped the ice, but have a ton of snow...

good luck
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Beli, I do hope you are coping with your cold snap, as least I'm used to this stuff. Keep your fireplace lit and keep us all posted. I'm surprised you haven't escaped to a beach.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Bill, I think 'tenacious' is a good motto for a Navy ship! :)

That napkin is practically an antique. Bought a set in Denver at Neiman Marcus about 15 years ago. Each napkin has something embroidered in each corner. For example, 'coy', 'narcissist', 'sweet', 'ebulient', 'mysterious'......It's rather fun to pair the napkin with each particular guest. Unfortunately, I've inadvertently insulted a few guest doing so over the years.

Hope you keeping everyone's animals alive & well! :)
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    stike, sure wish we had snow. As you have probably garnered by now, I love the stuff. I was hoping and praying that the forcast was incorrect and that the snow would dip further south, but that was not to be. :(
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    Is your power restored yet? I keep a generator in the garage here for such occasions. B)

I've been very busy with work and the older daughter has been suffering through several health problems so have not had much time to post over the last few months.

Looking forward to heading south again for the sunshine state fest again in a couple months!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I'm expecting at least a few Half Breeds. :whistle:
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Rebecca, I use a Canon Powershot SX 110 IS with 20X optical zoom. Not Elph, though I think we are on the same wave length.

I'm sending you a copy of the email sent to someone else, as it's already created.

Best hopes for a warmer, sunny weekend for you.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Rebecca:

TOO FUNNY! I may not have much for the usual dinner ingredients around, but I ALWAYS have at least a pint of heavy cream in the refrigerator and make sure another is waiting when the first one is getting low. For oatmeal, over cut-up stone fruits, to whip a little if I am really hankering, hot chocolate...an essential!

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Front sidewalk...

5416356287_43d1c61acf_b.jpg

Roof of garage...

5416356659_7b370dd9d0_b.jpg

IT'S NOT MELTING!!!!!!!!!!! Yet we keep getting MORE! Maybe I AM a wimp - can't take much more!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Rebecca - looks like you are making the best of it...I'm glad that you posted, I'd been wondering how you fared in the storm. As bad as it is here in the aftermath of a hurricane, it has to be worse to be without power in the brutal cold. Be safe and stay warm! ;)
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    :huh: Michael, I guess I have to take you off my wimp list.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Thanks for your concern Elizabeth! Power was restored, Friday at 8:30pm. I'm now as snug as a bug in a rug.

Utility crews from North Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky arrrived to help:

IMG_6113.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Oh the memories - they come from all over to help us too! I try to keep an ice cooler in the car with sodas and water to offer to them - and definitely offer food when they are in the neighborhood. They work so hard - and are very much appreciated!