Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Chuck on the Egg (updated pics)

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So starting tonight we are expecting some bad weather here in Dallas. Nothing like the rest of the country has seen this winter, but people down here can't drive in rain and sleet and snow. So as much time as i have accumulated here at work I decided to take the day off to avoid the crazies on the road and try my hand at a chuckie. Think it was just short of 4 pounds. Maybe 3.9lbs.

So I read up on some different forums and this is what I think my plan is going to be. Seems like 250 is the way to go till it hits 160, then foil till it hits either 200 or 205? Do I need to add some liquid when I foil it? Any basic guideline on how long it generally takes per pound? Just trying to figure out when I need to get it started to have it done in time for dinner.

Don't worry, I'll post pics. Got nothing else to do tomorrow except watch some movies and sip on a bloody mary or two.

Wish me luck.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments