Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Pork Butts

Options
David
David Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on cooking 2 (7.5lb) Pork Butts in my LBGE for AFC Championship Sunday (Go Pats). For My last (and first) sucessful attempt at pulled pork - I cooked a 7.5lb shoulder about 15 hours and it was perfect (off the BGE at 200 degree meet temp).[p]My question is this - is it going to take longer having 2 (7.5lb)butts in the LBGE vs. the 1 shoulder. I am trying to time this so I take the meet off the grill, let sit and pull for sandwiches just before 6:30 EST kick off. [p]Thanks for advice

Comments

• tinman
    tinman Posts: 86
    Options
    David,
    don't think your cooking time will increase, but what it is worth.. I usually finish mine a few hrs early, wrap in foil and put in cooler. Plenty hot when needed.

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    David,
    It doesn't take longer for 2 butts. Just figure your cooking time for 1 butt of the size you are doing.(I try to get both of them about the same size)
    I have cooked 2 at a time - pulled them at 195. I wrap them in foil and then wrap them in a towel before I put them in the ice chest. Put some extra towel in the ice chest to fill up the space. They will stay hot a long time!!![p]AG