Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sneak preview

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to Breckenridge today for The Budweiser International Snow Sculpture Championships. Got alot of uploading to do but here is a taste. What a great day. Weather was low 40's, perfect! The town was abuzz!

This is on top of Wilkerson Pass. It is really nice to see the snow on the many 14teener peaks. Pikes Peak has only had a dusting, wich is very unusual.

BreckenridgeSnowSculptures-1-29-10002.jpg

BreckenridgeSnowSculptures-1-29-10004.jpg

The sponsers carved block of snow.

BreckenridgeSnowSculptures-1-29-10011.jpg

BreckenridgeSnowSculptures-1-29-10009.jpg

Have a great week!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Awesome pics Molly! Can't wait to see the rest....hurry! ;)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Molly absolutely beautiful. How far are you from it?0
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I never seen anything like that. It's really good. :)thanks
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Molly, I saw your earlier post today or yesterday with a pic of Pikes Peak and assumed it was a shot from this summer because there wasn't any snow. I was watching the weather channel today and they said the temps in Colorado were going to plummet tonight, so I'm glad you had a gorgeous day at the Breckenridge festival. It's incredible what they carve out in so little time! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Way too many to finish tonight. I left at 8:30 this morning and got in the door here at 7:30. I was very glad to see my car where I left it this morning. Turns out the keys were in the ignition all day. :whistle::whistle: Senior momwents have started... :blush:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    It's about 21/2 hours. Depending on traffic. Coming back we had some ski trafiic with us. Very beautiful drive!! The ice sculpture comp. is in a few weeks. I am going to that also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Wait till you see the rest Tim. I might post in ot.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Your welcome. Yes, it is going to get cold. I don't hear much about moisture in this round. We'll see.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Uncle Phil
    Options
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Long day for sure....I'll be watching....Get some rest! :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • cookn biker
    Options
    It was cool. Wish I could have seen them lit up at night.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very cool Molly, it's good to be you :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    Options
    Yup! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You're so cool Mickey. Everytime you say that it seems I need to hear it. Thanks, really!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Those are amazing...

Kent
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    that's awesome. up here we have a couple of ice carving competitions. some of these people are uber talented..
    context is important :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I'll watch for them Molly. ;)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Our Winter Carnival has been struggling for funds for some time now and not sure if they will have the ice carving that they normally do. :(

The Budweiser one is great
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    Very cool bud sculpture. Your pics made we jealous I am not in Colorado right now.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Looks like a fun day Molly
    Awsome pics :)

Shane
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    wow...
    nice!!!
    how was the beer?