Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's ??? Please define.

Options
Bubba Q
Bubba Q Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does ABT stand for?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    BubbaQ,
    Atomic Buffalo Turd = Jalapeno pepper stuffed with cream cheese and some sort of meat, wrapped in bacon, smoked at about 350 degrees for 30 minutes or so until the bacon is crispy. Results = not too hot and very very very tasty. No, there will be no morning after effects....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    BubbaQ,[p]I've got a movie I made of making ABT's. If you have a fast internet connection you might download and watch it. (2.1 meg [p]Lots of ABT fans hereabouts! So many different variations, so little time![p]Chuck
    [ul][li]cookin' abt's - the movie (2.1 meg)[/ul]
  • Mike in MN
    Options
    BubbaQ,
    They are worth the effort, especially if you have a small group stopping by, or you are going to some little get together. Properly done, most people will really like them...you get a few out there that just refuse to put anything hot or spicey in their mouth....but hey, if my mother in law doesn't like them, it's just more for the rest of us.[p]They are a little bit of work, and you have to prepare for them (unless you always have cream cheese and 25 jalapeno's on hand, like some of us) but they are VERY popular.[p]They aren't terribly hot to eat, but, if you don't wear gloves, and then touch certain parts of your body....eyes, or??? then we have problems. Dancing in the bathroom.... not a pretty sight.[p]I just supplied the recipe for an older couple we met at a party on New Years day....She loved 'em! I did up a couple dozen and took them to the party.... most of the "older" crowd thought they were the bacon wrapped water chestnuts (I had sliced them into bitesize chunks) Imagine their surprise when all that flavor let loose in their mouth. I'm laughing thinking about the look on some of their faces... but this lady couldn't leave them alone. She was back several times, and she was happy![p]I bet she'd like the PP off the egg....maybe we can get another convert going!
    [p]Mike in MN

• Eggsellent
    Options
    BubbaQ,
    If you don't like hot peppers, it works great with sweet peppers also (just slice em to the thickness you like).

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BubbaQ,
    It has already been explained "what" they are...if you care to see how I make them there is a picumentary on my website in the "cooks" section..you will NOT be disappointed with them...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • 28MVC-010E.jpg
    <p />BubbaQ,[p]These great appetizers can be made with several different recipes and methods. The picture shows about 66 of these on two layers in the cooker just as I put them on.[p]Dave

• Marine Cook
    Options
    BubbaQ,[p]All I can say is awesome. Here's a link to my version.
    [ul][li]My version[/ul]
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    SmokinChile.jpg
    <p />BubbaQ,
    Stuffed with sausage and cream cheese.