Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Miracle Blades-don\'t shout me down

Options
thegrillster
thegrillster Posts: 348
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Who has used the miracle blades as advertised on TV. :laugh:

Can you give an opinion as to the performance. I know they are not great quality but curious as to what they are actually like.

thanks

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Heheee. One of my buddies was having bouts of insomnia 6 or 7 years ago and would cruise the late night infomercials.... Okay, you guessed it, he ordered a set of Miracle Blade II knives.

Well, his wife spilled the beans one evening at happy hour, and he got quite a bit of ribbing from some of us. Christmas was a few months away and he ordered several sets (which included the steak knives) for presents. I still have mine and use them daily. The shears died after a couple of years.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    all you need is one knife in the bunch that you like and its probably worth it. i have the ronco showtime set at camp and use the bread knife all the time, set was given to me and my showtime bread knife sits with my favorite knives on the mag strip, the rest are in a box somewhere :laugh: they will get used as others at camp disapear
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I was given the "free" one that came with a set. It works well enough for me to use. I wouldn't order an entire set (I prefer knives with some weight) but for the $ I don't think you are getting ripped off.
  • thegrillster
    Options
    ref chgrc98's tagline.

I have often wondered if dr seuss was a heavy drug user.
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    I had a set of them for a couple years. They worked as advertised........for about the first few months and washes.

After that, I ponied up and got a full set of Wusthof knives and have been adding to the block ever since. My block is full now and as long as I can afford to, Wusthof is probably all I will buy.
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Yeah my set included the steak knives too and they still get used, but only because that's the only knives my wife is allowed to take to work and risk throwing in the trash or losing.

I saw her put a Wusthof knife in her lunch bag one day......let's just say she hasn't done that since. :)
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    had to have been, or an overly active imagination....I'll tell my kids the latter.