Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

really OT but we don't have time..India customs!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Too long of a story here tonight, but we REALLY need help to know what customs etc that are REALLY important and MOST IMPORTANT what ones are OFFENSIVE like in RETURNING gifts especially food given to us day after day! We really don't want to hurt the feelings of these folks, but THIS really HAS to end and just saying no No and NO doesn't seem to register with them! HELP!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Boxerpapa
    Options
    90 percent of my customers are Indian, specifically Punjabi. Anytime anything is offered to me such as water, soda, coffee...etc., I always take them up on it, regardless if I want it or not. This is there way of saying thanks, I like you, I respect you...etc.

If you're seeking advice, take the food and thank them for it. What you do with it is your call. :whistle:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Season of giving!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    My thought also...
    Be gracious receiver :whistle::whistle::whistle:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    NEVER look a gifthorse in the mouth.Accept graciously and move on. ;)(compost comes to mind) :whistle:
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Sorry to all the others but after accepting a few times I would just say something like thank you but it not for us, we were brought up on different foods.

Ball is in their court, if they no long want to be friends so be it.

When I make anything, I always tell them if they don't like it that's fine but please tell me so I don't spend the time and money to have them throw it away. Maybe I can change something to help. I'm right up front with it.

I don't care for much foreign food and just say so.
    Baa Humbug. LOL

Good Luck,
    Bordello
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    SHouldn't this be on the OT forum?

Just kidding Ron - don't blow an artery.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Ron,

Have you tried any of it?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    if i lived next door you could regift it :laugh: i think they may be insulted if you refused it, from having indian food at a friends house back in college, dinner and guests were big, his mom didnt even eat with us, it was cooked and served as we ate and those hot pancakes off the griddle were amazing to eat with :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I agree with you. We are still kinda in the United States. We have customs here also. At least for a while longer.