Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options
The Walrus
The Walrus Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After looking at grills for several weeks, I discovered the BGE universe on thursday and purchased a medium on saturday. The first burgers on saturday evening were fantastic. Smoking turkey, salmon, and trying to reproduce the wood fired baked beans of my childhood are a few of my future endeavors. Any advice is appreciated, especially with the choice of wood to use while baking the beans.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    the walrus, Welcome to the world of the BGE. I also have a medium egg which I truely enjoy. No help on the wood for your beans, but for other recipes and hints check out the link. [p]I'm doing beef jerky today.

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    the walrus,[p]Its alway great to hear that other have discovered the secret (we don't try to hide it)! You'll find it only gets better over time! Welcome to the club/cult. we all her e for fun, food and friendship.[p]Smokey

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    the walrus, [p]Welcome to the forum and congrats on your choice of cookers. For smokin woods, "Hickory" is the backbone of BBQ smoking woods and I would use that one as a starter for your beans. (or anything else except fish)
    You can change up or add to it with other woods for variations in all your cooks.
    Let the group know what we can do to help. [p]Cheers...C~W[p][p]