Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini stand=wobble?

Cobra
Cobra Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a mini under the christmas tree his year, with a stand, and I think its great.

One question/concern? When you open the dome, the mini kinda rocks back in the stand. Has anyone addressed the issue of it not fitting tightly into the stand? Its not a big deal, but if if was 600 degrees Im not sure I would want it flopping around in the stand.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Just keep turning it around in the stand a little at a time and eventually you'll find a spot that fits snug...I don't have a pic of it but Chubby showed us how he added 3 rings of extra gasket material to the ring on the stand to cushion things..and that works like a dream..
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Not uncommon....unfortunately! You can get it situated in the stand to minimize, or, even eliminate this. But, it's no big deal and you can expect it to happen on occasion especially if you transport the egg once in a while like I do.......That said, I love my mini and cook on it the great majority of the time for the two of us!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Mine is a mover...but not a shaker. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Cobra
    Dont get me wrong, I love the mini, even though I have not had a chance to cook on it, yet. It was an addition to my XL, and L. I just thought that it shouldn't rock back in the stand. I love the BGE's and think that they are great, just occasionally, like any product, there are things that could have been constructed or designed a bit better.
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    My mini is crammed so tight into the stand that you can't separate them. I'd love to be able to turn the stand a little to get the leg further from the bottom damper.
  • I haven't used the stand for a while - I simply put the mini on an extra set of green feet.

Here is my son's mini
    IMG_0308.jpg

It has happened to someone else on the forum - just can't remember who.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    For the money, the Mini stand is a weak design.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    That was bills and I thing it was roaring at the time :ohmy:
  • good morning ,, merry christmas,, and it was me..
    my mini was only in the stand for about a month .

mini002-1.jpg

i think chubbys 3 pieces of gasket is a smart idea .. or maybe a couple of dabs of high temp silicone sealer/gasket material
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Frank, I had no idea that this has happened to your son also. Mine is getting transfered to the feet today!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    AS much as these things cost you shouldn't have to make modifications to keep them from falling apart! I am constantly having problems trying to keep the daisy wheel from falling off my medium when I open the lid. And to not have some way of "locking down" the setting on the daisy wheel is just ridiculous. :evil:
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • Cobra
    I would assume that the min's with the broken bottom were warrantied for you both?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    photo-21.jpg
    Got idea from Chubby. Have a lot of tape left. Send a note and will send you some.
    mickeyrawls@vvm.com
    photo-22.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• i paid shipping and given the circumstances i was very pleased with that.