Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT'S this weekend

Options
boomboomsc
boomboomsc Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning to take ABT'S to a tennis club christmas party. Have never tried these before but sounds and looks good. Anyone got any good advice or recipes?

Comments

• Brokersmoker
    Options
    I like to stuff Japs with a mixture of cream cheese and 1/2 lb of taco meat. Wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon and sprinkle with favorite rub. Egg at 350* indirect over drip pan :woohoo:
  • Banker John
    Options
    split peppers long ways and scoop out the seeds and white stuff (this is where the heat is!). Spoon in a bit of cream cheese. Press in some type of meat into the cream cheese ('lil smokie sausages, left over pulled pork, taco meat, etc), wrap in bacon and skewer with toothpick. Cook low & slow at about 275 for 45 minutes or so.

mmmmmmmmmmmm, making me think I should put this on the menu for Christmas to go with the Pulled Pork we have every year on the 25th (our BGE version of Christmas Ham).

Enjoy... and know you really cannot screw up ABT's.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I use Carne Asada as the meat,along with cream,pepper jack and cilantro.I wrap in a good Kruse bacon,sprinkle with Dizzy pigs pineapplehead.I cook raised w/ drip pan at 375 for 45-1 hour.I have done this recipe for 10 or so catering functions and always a hit.G ood luck and enjoy!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    My best advice: wear gloves! :woohoo: The last ABT's I egged were stuffed with a cream cheese, jalapeno, and pineapple mixture, wrapped with bacon and generously sprinkled with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head. I would probably omit the jalapenos from the stuffing next time - they were stout! ;)
  • texas_archer
    Options
    cream,pepper jack and cilantro.I wrap in a good bacon

This, but with shrimp and crab.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I like to mix minced garlic in with the Cr Cheese.
    Also . . . thin sliced bacon is recommended.

Good luck & take some pics! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that meat in the stuffing isn't really necessary. A slice of bacon is plenty of meat for an appetizer. If I have something leftover and handy then maybe, otherwise I dont.
    Using a rub containing sugar will aid in getting the bacon crispy.