Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woe is me!!!!!!!! I need a sirloin tip roast recipe!!!

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought 4 racks of baby backs at Costco on Wednesday which was the sell-by date on the package. I kept them all refrigerated until this evening when I went to remove the membrane and apply the rub for tomorrow's Christmas dinner. UGHHHHHHHH!! 2 of the racks were BAD...really bad. The other two are ok.
Anyway, I'm down to only half the number of ribs I need, and I expect nothing to be open tomorrow morning to rescue the dinner. I went snooping through the freezer and pulled out a sirloin tip roast which I am planning to use as a supplement tomorrow. [p]Any thoughts on a quick recipe I could use for it?

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]You got me before coffee![p]I just did one. It's a touchy cut. I didn't have time for marinade or brine or anything, so coated it heavily with some dizzy pig and poked garlic slivers all over it. Did a fairly hot sear (about 600) and then stuck it on a rack over a pan of beer at about 350. Do NOT let it get over like 130 internal. It sounds raw-ish, but for some reason on these, 130 comes out rare. 140 is almost done, and mine, at 145, was virtually no pink![p]Slice it THIN THIN THIN because it is tasty, but chewy. [p]Another option is to do it like a potroast inside. Definitely comes out more tender, but a totally different flavor (more..well, pot roast like!). [p]One other option if you have it around that is kind of a cross between the two. Coat it with a pack of french onion soup (dry stuff), slice an onion on top of it (looks nice), and wrap it up in foil. Stick it on the rack over a plate setter at 325 ish until you can poke it nicely. It's one of those emergency recipes that happens to work in an egg or an oven.[p]NOW can I have some coffee?[p]mShark
  • bdavidson
    Options
    mollyShark,
    have a cup on me!