Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking chicken breast

Options
Kyle
Kyle Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
o.k. fellow eggers getting ready to cook split chicken breast. Saw Fivefalls recipe for boneless. How much deviation or other suggestion to cook temps and time on my large BGE. His recipe was for boneless.
400 2 min flip lower to 350 2 min flip again cook additional 12 -15 min approx. I'll probably check with meat thermometer to be around 170.
please advise soon.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    kyle, Thats kinda the way metal grill cooking goes, but on the BGE I never flip. Opening the dome drops the heat and moisture that you want to retain. If your going to grill em, I would suggest breast and skin side up (toss skin later if you wish) Not sure if your split breast are bone if but if they are then bone side down. 165 to 170 is a good internal in the thickest part..350 to 400 is a good range in dome temperature. Make sure all juices run clear.
    IF you do flip em..then once is enuff.
    The time for the cook is going to depend on how many times you open the dome, and how high your temps are.
    Cheers..C~W [p]