Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max detail question

Options
Eglamour
Eglamour Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Actually two questions.

After you douse the raw turkey with the half-bottle of wine, does the wine stay in the bottom of the roasting pan for the whole cooking time?

Also, I can't find the Mad Max hotline # in the left hand column, as per
this thread:
NEW! - Mad Max Turkey Hotline Now Open - WPB 2010/11/24 12:10:48 (0)

Comments

• NoleC5
    NoleC5 Posts: 176
    Options
    Below is what I see on the left hand side....

As for the wine...yes, it stays in the bottom throughout the cook and is used for basting. At lot of it will cook off by the end of the cook. Good luck!

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FIRST...
    While I welcome your calls and questions, please take the time to first read THE MAD MAX TURKEY METHODOLOGY at the Naked Whiz's website, along with all the tips (and even videos you can watch!)...
    THEN, if you still have questions, please feel free to give me a call. I look forward to talking to you and answering your questions.
    703-517-3791
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    the wine in the pan will mix with the butter and the natural turkey drippings for a great blend of drippings to be used later in the gravy. ..the alcohol itself will burn off. ... if too much of this mix evaporates, simply add some more liquid to the pan in the form of more wine, or some apple cider/juice, or some stock. .. .

hotline number shows up on my screen, but if you need me, here it is again.. .703-517-3791
  • Eglamour
    Options
    Wow. An instant response from Max himself! Thanks, man.

BTW, the phone number doesn't show up on my screen. I'm in Safari.

The egg is lit and the bird's going in.