Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT (Off Turkey)...Shiner CHEER Seasonal Beer

Options
LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not a huge fan of specialty brewed beers, or even Shiner for that matter (except for cooking), although a few wheat beers are good when cold in the summer.

But bought a sixer of Shiner's seasonal CHEER beer to make the bbq sauce in the picture, and this is one dang good beer!!! Made with peaches and pecans. If you see it in stores, and like seasonal beers with a hint of fruit, I think you will like this one!

BBQSauce.jpg

The sauce (from Central Market) is made with one beer, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 cup dried cranberries, and the mix shown in the picture, all of which are cooked together. This sauce also is pretty incredible (having it with a smoked turkey (not mine) on Thanksgiving).

OK, back to reading the intricacies of a MM Turkey..... :woohoo: :lol:

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I always like trying new beers. I'll give that one a try. I like the Sweetwater Festive and the Sierra Nevada Celebration.

It looks like you can only buy that sauce in Texas. That is a cool idea.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'll have to give it another try. It does have a very strong peach flavor, IMHO.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings