Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lamb Chops and Grilled Pears

Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited 2:43AM in EggHead Forum
Fixed some lamb chops last night. My bride prefers grilling individual chops over the entire rack, so we compromised and I cut them two ribs to a chop.
We had also picked up some pears and I thought I would give one the EGG treatment just for fun.
5072798482_016d6c89ef.jpgPA100001 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
I had a sweet potato on earlier, pulled it off and opened up the vents, put the pear halves on face down for a couple of minutes, then moved them to the top rack and put on the chops
5072199111_13179428a7.jpgPA100002 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Every thing getting happy! Pears are smeared with a mixture of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
5072201447_969d33c5c4.jpgPA100004 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Ready to go, the potato got a little overdone but still went down easy
5072802964_b5324e759e.jpgPA100005 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Served on the deck with a little wine, brocoli, salad and some Bumbleberry Sauce! Great Meal :woohoo:

thanks for looking :)

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817

You're killing me here! Very nice. My favourite meat and cut.

Caledon, ON

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Steven, it was a really good meal :)
    If you have never tried Bumbleberry sauce check out, it is sauce made with blueberries, rasberries, blackberries and jalapenos :ohmy: Goes great with lamb or just on a bagel with cream cheese :woohoo:
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    Nice Capt. Frank
    Very Nice...
    It looks awesome
  • I love lamb chops - probably only second to veal chops. Nice looking cook. I really like the sweet and "gamey" combination of the lamb and pears.
  • Very nice, Frank. The bumbleberry sauce sounds good, too.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
    3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Faith, it is good stuff. I am going to order some in the next few days, let me know and I will get you a bottle or two :)
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Beautiful lamb.

I never had any lamb I didn't like, but I think I prefer chops to a complete rack.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Frank, the lamb with yams and pears looks delicious! :)

I see you dined alfreco as well this week. Gotta love this weather!

See you at Jungle Jim's!