Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

announcing the forum \"W.T.F Award\"

Options
Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
:laugh:
...with tongue firmly in cheek

for immediate release:

Whereas: Forum members in the past have taken it upon themselves to hand out awards (material and otherwise) to each other as though they themselves constitute some sort of authority.

Whereas: There is an escalating amount of WTF-ness occurring on the Forum on a daily basis.

Be it Proclaimed from this day forward:
That user "stike" of the BGE forum hereby announces the BGE Forum "WTF Award".

Officially called a "WTF?" (which stands for "Who's the Fool?" ;) or "What Thorough Foolishness" for our Canadian friends) it will be given irregularly, arbitrarily, and capriciously. No records will be kept, no pins will be given.

Requirements for the award shall be that a post is more than a little perplexing or confusing, is a baffling non sequitur, or is just plain head-scratch-inducing. Spelling and grammar (or lack thereof) are NOT contributing factors of consideration, unless they contribute to an over-the-top performance. Trolls and obvious baiting are right out. Three shall be the number thou shall count, and the number of the counting shall be three. (?)

Nominations may be made, and the award may be called for by anyone, but user: stike will be the only authority.

There are two inaugural nominations/winners (everyone is a winner!):

One, a post today where the subject line complains of "Problems Cooking on the Egg", yet wherein the subject turns out to be merely an attempt to find turkeys at discount pricing. :huh: I say "WTF?"

The second, a post from the day previous warning (or perhaps bragging) that it is "Pic Heavy" and wherein one, after clicking cautiously (or eagerly, as the case may be), finds 5 photos. :whistle:

DETAILS:

My own posts are not eligible, not because there would be a conflict of interest, but because my posts are frankly perfect. (that's a joke)

Zippy's posts are also ineligible, simply because i always scratch my head when i read his posts. ...ingredient genius, that guy.

LittleSteven's post are ALSO not eligible, not for any other reason that i couldn't care less about his stuff, and never bouther reading his pourly spelled foroum pousts with their superfluououous Canaudian U's

...remember, it's all in good fun, except where it isn't.

Historic examples (too old for consideration, yet in the spirit of the award) are:

-adding copyright notices to horrendous photographs of beastly-looking victuals

-announcing that one is "done" with the forum, and then replying to that post five minutes later or showing up the next day posting as though nothing had happened

-declaring that one's life/cabinets/religion/career/etc. has been changed forever and that it is a new day and all is right with the world, followed by a post shortly thereafter in direction contradiction to same, declaring that the world is ending and that you are done with this place

-posting a beautiful picture of incredible looking food, masterfully prepared, with a dummy of a human torso impaled on a stand in the background

-Announcing an award for something as though anyone actually cares what you think

-appearing in drunken boating pictures, limbs akimbo, abdomen distended, faculties abbreviated

-creating excessively long big-winded, joycean, self aggrandizing posts about awards or stuffing sausage

-using the word 'joycean' on a frigging barbecue forum, or referring to James Joyce in your signature/tag line

How to make a nomination:
-simply type "WTF?" in your reply or your reply's subject line. The judges will be automatically alerted by magic forum software
-reply that "I'm not sure, but this might be a 'WTF?'-eligible post." and then wait
-email me directly at "BritneySpearsSuperfan2000@AOL.com"

Self-nomination is forbidden. The whole idead of WTF-edness is that the individual generally has no idea of their/the WTF-edness.

Myself included.

Comments