Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Taking it to the dove fields

Luvs to shoot clayLuvs to shoot clay Posts: 774
edited 3:51AM in EggHead Forum
The Bang Bang Whine club is headed out to try our hobby on live game. I haven't shot at anything live in about 6 years and I am interested to see if all those clay targets will improve my odds at "White Wings" in San Antonio. We won't be starving either. I took this off the egg after 15 hours at 190 degrees, I wasn't going to post anything but it looked so good when I started pulling it, I just had to brag. Coated with mustard and Bad Byron's the few small pieces I had were delicious. Sent a little with the wife to work and the rest is headed West. By the way for any shooters, I shot my first tournament in the "Master Class" this weekend and actually got a punch. Guess I will be stuck in the "Shark Pit" for a while.

IMGP1133.jpg

Pulled.
IMGP1134.jpg

Comments

• Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Good luck with the white wings Willy they are fast! We have ring necked doves around here that look almost as big as a chicken and don't fly much faster then one. I bet they would be good on the egg.

Blair

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Good luck on shooting the doves, congrats on the Master class shoot & a great looking butt.... :woohoo:

My son & I will be doing our annual cast & blast this Saturday in S Ga...bass fishing in the AM...some local bbq at lunch and dove shoot in the afternoon...I can't wait.. ;) :)
  • PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 519
    If you are going west on 10, don’t forget about Lulling City Mkt. Eat with your fingers and only take cash. Hope your birds are all low and slow.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • Good idea right there!
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

The Cast & Blast sounds fun.

Kent
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Congratulations on the Master Class Shoot. I would expect you to do well with the dove hunt.

The pork cook looks dang good.

For the last 3 years we have had what I think is 2 pair of doves here. Shooting them would result in a public hanging of me. :)

Kent