Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops and ABTs

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I planning on cooking some pork chops, vegetable skewers, and ABTs for election night watching tonight. Looking at the various posts, I see that people cook chops every which way from low and slow to TREX style. Any recommendations on how I can cook all three at once in the easiest manner?

Comments

• Inna Avrelina
    Options
    Try three different eggs. One for each item you are cooking.
  • Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    Alan P,[p]Unfortunately I do not have that pleasure. I do have a large egg, so I thought that there has to be a way to arrange everything. I was thinking ~350-400 indirect, but I was not sure how well the ABTS would work indirect or how long it would take to cook the chops that way.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Doug,[p]400 degrees indirect. Pork chops depending on thickness a couple hours, ABTS 45 minutes, veggies your on your own. Guess would be 30 minutes depending again on thickness. Apple wood smoked pork chops are great.[p]CWM
  • Inna Avrelina
    Options
    I was just kidding with you Doug. One large is all I have also. We do our pork chops the T-Rex method and have loved them every time. The ABT's we do as recommended on this website. Veggies are done inside so you are on your own for those.