Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Roast without Equal!

DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited 2:16PM in EggHead Forum
I am sitting here reading my new issue of Wired magazine when I came across a small article about Grimod de la Reyniere recipe from 1807 called Roti sans pareil or Roast without Equal. It takes 17 birds and makes the Turducken sound rather quite tame. here is the recipe and I really hope someone tries this.

A bustard stuffed with a turkey, which is in turn stuffed with a goose, which is then stuffed with a pheasant, which is in turn stuffed with a chicken, which in turn is stuffed with a duck, which is in turn stuffed with a guinea fowl, which is in turn stuffed with a teal, which in turn is stuffed with a woodcock, which is in turn stuffed with a partridge, which is in turn stuffed with a plover, which in turn is stuffed with a lapwing, which is in turn stuffed with a quail, which in then stuffed with thrush, which in turn is stuffed with a lark, which in turn is stuffed with a ortolan bunting, which in turn is stuffed with a garden warbler, which in turn is stuffed with a beautiful olive that is stuffed with anchovies and capers.

good luck!
This is the greatest signature EVAR!
·

Comments

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dang Doug,I was gonna try this very same recipe yesterday,but I was all out of capers :pinch: :ohmy: :lol:
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I have capers but I have no idea what the hell a plover is. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·