Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roast without Equal!

Options
DrZaius
DrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am sitting here reading my new issue of Wired magazine when I came across a small article about Grimod de la Reyniere recipe from 1807 called Roti sans pareil or Roast without Equal. It takes 17 birds and makes the Turducken sound rather quite tame. here is the recipe and I really hope someone tries this.

A bustard stuffed with a turkey, which is in turn stuffed with a goose, which is then stuffed with a pheasant, which is in turn stuffed with a chicken, which in turn is stuffed with a duck, which is in turn stuffed with a guinea fowl, which is in turn stuffed with a teal, which in turn is stuffed with a woodcock, which is in turn stuffed with a partridge, which is in turn stuffed with a plover, which in turn is stuffed with a lapwing, which is in turn stuffed with a quail, which in then stuffed with thrush, which in turn is stuffed with a lark, which in turn is stuffed with a ortolan bunting, which in turn is stuffed with a garden warbler, which in turn is stuffed with a beautiful olive that is stuffed with anchovies and capers.

good luck!
This is the greatest signature EVAR!

Comments