Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cedar Plank Salmon

EggtuaryEggtuary Posts: 400
edited 4:11AM in EggHead Forum
Hi, guys! Long time since I posted here. I hope everyone's doing well!

I'm looking for an awesome recipe I found here years ago when I first bought my Egg. It was a cedar plank salmon with an awesome bourbon maple glaze. I remember there was dijon mustard in the glaze, too, but I can't remember what else.

If this prompts anybody's memory, please let me know. Or if you have an awesome cedar plank salmon recipe I've got to try out, that would be good, too.

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Here is a great salmon recipe:

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesSalmon.html
  • Austin EggerAustin Egger Posts: 256
    I second vidalia's posting. I was copying the same link for you. I had this a few days ago for the first time and it was awesome and I love salmon. I'm sure you can adapt it to the cedar planks as well. ;)
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Another positive vote for the DP recipe. I do it on cedar planks and it is the best salmon I have done
    4604533375_27fdb0efc2_b.jpg

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 668
    when we do plank salmon - it seems to work better with pieces rather thank whole salmon - sometimes i use two different rubs on the same cook

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
  • I used the advanced search to find this. I think it is what you are looking for.

Recipe

In case it helps you, here is my search too.

Search
  • EggtuaryEggtuary Posts: 400
    Yep! That's the one! Thanks for looking!

We came pretty close last night, but it wasn't quite as good as what Chubby taught me to do 5 years ago.

Man, I've had some amazing meals off this Egg the last half decade. Looking forward to many more years!