Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Night Tri-Tip

QuadzillaQuadzilla Posts: 40
edited 10:25AM in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone! Saturday was my first time grilling with my new egg so I was pretty excited. I decided to give tri-tip a shot. I didn't know what to expect because last month I didn't even know what tri-tip was. :laugh:

IMAG0026.jpg
Marinated in EVOO, Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Herbs

IMAG0027.jpg
Seared at 650* for 2 minutes each side.

IMAG0029.jpg
Dropped egg temp to 325* and finished indirect to internal temp of 145*

IMAG0030.jpg
Best cheap steak I ever had!

I am having too much fun with this thing!

Thanks for taking a look.

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Looks terrific :woohoo:
    Nice job :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    Looks like you cooked it perfectly. For some reason, I too have good luck with Tri. Good for fajita meat.
  • 'Q Bruddah'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Note to self: Don't run through all the weekend pics before breakfast you are just going to get hungrier. Great pictures. Looks like you nailed it. Keep cooking and posting pics. You will be amazed.
  • RosebudRosebud Posts: 1
    Looks delicious, nice job.
  • SeaJaySeaJay Posts: 6
    Excellent looking Tri Tip...i cooked 120 Lbs last wed for 168 folks....Try cutting across the grain like brisket(the long way almost..)... much easier to chew and eat....Good luck .. :woohoo: ..CJ
  • SLOandSteadySLOandSteady Posts: 207
    Great looking piece of meat. Hope it tasted as good as it looks.