Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to buy and what size

edited 1:52PM in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions on where to buy my first Egg? I'm located in Atlanta. Also, I was thinking of the medium egg, any thoughts?
·

Comments

• ChainsmokerChainsmoker Posts: 106
    rookie,
    Go ahead and get the large! I believe almost every response you get to your post will say "get the large". The best place is at the BGE headquarters on Clairmont Road. The number is in the phone book and probably on this site.
    Ryan

·
  • Smokin JoeSmokin Joe Posts: 441
    rookie, Get the large - don't look back. I waivered on the lg or med and got the large last June and I'm seriously considering adding a small before the end of this year (or sooner as funds are available). Joe
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    rookie, BGE headquarters on Clairmont at Buford Highway is the place. Medium or large is up to you. I don't think you will ever regret either. Personally, if $s are not a huge issue, get the large. However, my first (of three) was a medium.

·
  • rookie,
    you can also buy one at Log & Lantern in McDonough. give them a call. 770-692-1043.

·
  • BlazeBlaze Posts: 32
    rookie,[p]IMO, I would try to go ahead and get the large if possible, you can't go wrong either way though. It really depends on how many you will be cooking for at once. I started with the large and have now added a small as it's more efficient when I'm cooking for just my wife and I.[p]I live in Middle Georgia and have a dealer in my town but decided to go ahead and make the drive to BGE Headquarters to make my purchase. I also got some cool freebies at the Atlanta store that I would'nt have gotten at my local dealer. Hat's, Apron, extra coozies, etc. w/ the BGE logo. They also carry the Dizzy Pig Rubs, you'll need to pick up some of that...good stuff!!! I've dealt with Mike on all occasions and have been extremely pleased.[p]Hope this helps[p]Blaze
    ·